Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    DIY Quilt+HG Inc20

And I'm back...(with some news)!

Hey folks, I've had a great first two weeks of classes, with some interesting news to share.

First off, I'll be getting back into production-mode this coming week. If you placed an order with me while I was away, great! I may take a few days to get back to you, as even this week I've got a ton of work to complete for classes...homework is going to be a bit on the heavy side this semester. I'm taking 21 credits, including 6 credits worth of graduate work (I'm only a senior, hint hint as to what I'm hoping for next year ), so I expect to be busy through the holidays.

Also, for at least the few coming weeks, I'm going to be mainly concentrating on my MacCat tarps, so I will have a bit longer of a wait for rectangular cut tarps.

Also, for my Solids & Materials lab (ME242), my group is officially researching 'The effects of UV radiation on high performance, lightweight waterproof fabrics'. So I get to spend 2.5 months playing with sil, spinn, cuben, uncoated 1.1, etc. I'm hoping to have some qualitative and quantitative results at the end of our research, but I'll be posting our intermediate reports on my site as time progresses.

I've gotten a few kind emails from members while I was gone, and I just want to thank you guys for all of your help and support!!
    Brian MacMillin
    www.OutdoorEquipmentSupplier.com
    Home of the new MacCat Gen4 hammock tarps

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Also, for my Solids & Materials lab (ME242), my group is officially researching 'The effects of UV radiation on high performance, lightweight waterproof fabrics'. So I get to spend 2.5 months playing with sil, spinn, cuben, uncoated 1.1, etc. I'm hoping to have some qualitative and quantitative results at the end of our research, but I'll be posting our intermediate reports on my site as time progresses.
    So you plan on popping our reality bubbles huh? Not sure I like the sound of that.
    Welcome back! You do know you're going to have to pay back all those student loans if you graduate, right? Might want to tank a couple of classes just to be sure.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Welcome back, Brian!!

I'm in the queue of those waiting to hear more about a winter-type tarp (in SpinnUL) with doors. Perhaps a rectangular tarp with more tie-outs a la Mustardman's tarp? Anything news about that to tempt us with???
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Hey folks, I've had a great first two weeks of classes, with some interesting news to share.

First off, I'll be getting back into production-mode this coming week. If you placed an order with me while I was away, great! I may take a few days to get back to you, as even this week I've got a ton of work to complete for classes...homework is going to be a bit on the heavy side this semester. I'm taking 21 credits, including 6 credits worth of graduate work (I'm only a senior, hint hint as to what I'm hoping for next year ), so I expect to be busy through the holidays.

Also, for at least the few coming weeks, I'm going to be mainly concentrating on my MacCat tarps, so I will have a bit longer of a wait for rectangular cut tarps.

I've gotten a few kind emails from members while I was gone, and I just want to thank you guys for all of your help and support!!
    Wow awsome reasearch topic, say you would'nt have anything to do with choosing that would you?

Hope you have a great semester, i am in my last semester too (business administration), but will be pursuing a teaching degree when i am done! I want to have summers off so i can HIKE! hooray.

Anyway i sent u a msg about a custom tarp, whenever your not busy, hit me up.

Have a great semester, good luck in school, looking forward to the research.

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    taking 21 credits, including 6 credits worth of graduate work. Hope you have plenty of help... your going to be busy.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Yeah, that's a huge course load, particularly if you have an engineering emphasis. Good luck with that Brian! It's nice to see you focusing your research emphasis in areas that will drive improvements to an already awesome product.

Hammock
    DIY (various)
    Tarp
    DIY 5x10 pseudocat
    Insulation
    GI+
    Suspension
    UCR custom
    Images
    Heavy course load, but definitely doable. Senior year it'll likely be mostly major area coursework, and you start to get crossover coverage of topics. A lot depends on your base from the previous courses. Plus if you're into the major, and not just checking off a square, it's fun. He'll definitely earn a minor in time management, though. Getting top grades would be nice, but I'd shoot for the second lowest 'A' in each course. Wouldn't want to keep the customers waiting too long.
    - Frawg

{generic tagline}

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images

Thumbs up

Welcome back Brian! Great to see that you were able to work in a type of research that will benefit your outdoor friends!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Pity there are so few textbooks on tape; then you could listen to assigned reading while sewing! (just a silly thought..)
    congrats, and study hard! KM

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Brian,

Good luck this semester.... Looking forward to your lab results findings.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast