Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I am 6' 200 lbs. and I have a couple 60"x126" crinkle taffeta hammocks made from tableclothsfactory.com and they are great, but I prefer a little more room.. Just ordered a couple 90"x132" crinkle taffeta tablecloths and I think they will be perfect for me

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB & Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsig11010 View Post
    I'm about 300 and my wife is about just right ...............Attachment 105122
    Nice Save... :-) I believe they are all about just right... about everything... LOL

FWIW...I have both the cr taffeta and polyester and I much prefer the poly...

Hammock
    DIY HyperD XL
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    Whoopies!!!
    I have made a few tablecloth hammocks. I am personally 6'6" and weigh upwards of 300 lbs and I have had no problem with my 90x156. My wife has had friends in hers with her. I also made one for a guy closer to 400 lbs and he hasn't had any issue. All the ones I made were single layer. But as many have said definitely check the fabric. While testing the one I made for the 400lb guy the fabric started to rip right by where I whipped it. After rewhipping a couple inches further up it held up fine.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    I've made a couple dozen tablecloth hammocks. Most have the doublesheetbend on the end.

90x132 90x156 and 60x120, have made them all.

Have loaded the 90x's with over 400 lbs, no problem.

The 90x156 is HUGE with big floppy sides.
    I very much enjoy my 90x132.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsig11010 View Post
    I use a diy double layer 13 foot from tf.com I'm about 300 and my wife is about just right and we sleep in it together. No issues in 2 years. Attachment 105122
    Wow that's awesome, what's it like for a full night with two in the hammock?

Steve

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Gathered End
    Tarp
    Noah 12', DIYTyvek
    Insulation
    ALPS Air Mattress
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    My son and I both use tablecloths. He has had no issue but he's 10 so we aren't exactly testing the strength with him. I used mine a dozen times and had a failure last fall, I'm 6' and 270. Luckily, I had a second tablecloth I was saving to make a Brazilian out of for the back yard in my truck. I was able to whip up a second in a few minutes. I think two things came into play. Like others have said, they are a tablecloth and not designed for suspending a person's body weight. It was just a happy accident/colateral benefit. Make sure you inspect the fabric when you get it to make sure there aren't any visible weak spots or runs. The second thing is there could have been something in my pockets that pierced the fabric. It failed right after I had hung it and was sitting in the hammock to check the seat height. I had a pocket knife, car keys and some EDC stuff in my pockets and its possible. I didn't have my ridgeline organizer hung yet, which is where I usually put that stuff.

I think the tablecloth route is an awesome way to get started hammocking with minimal investment and I recommend it to people I know that have expressed an interest but aren't sure if it's for them yet. But, after a few hangs I knew I was hooked. I took some money I received for my birthday and Christmas and invested in some 1.6 from DIY Gear Supply and am having a friend sew a DBL for me.
    Frank

This one time at Scout camp. . .

I've used the smaller and larger sizes and prefer the small one, actually. Too much fabric for the big one! I'm 5'10" and have been up to 280lbs when using them. My wife thinks (and I agree) that they are the most comfortable of our hammocks so far. We've even laid in one together, combined weight over 400# (don't tell her I said that!!)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12