Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Insulation
    UGQ 20º Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Dutch Ti Buckles
    Images

Dutchbuckles vs Dutch Ti Cinch Buckles

I am looking for some feedback for a new rig for my wife. I personally have the Ti cinch buckles on my set up, but am interested in the dutchbuckles and just looping the continuous loop from her hammock onto it and skipping the whoopie sling.

Does anyone have some feedback comparing the two?
    How hard are the dutchbuckles to adjust compared to cinch buckles?
    Any particular reason to not do this besides the added comparative weight of webbing vs Amsteel?

Thank you everybody!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/Hennessy EXP
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood

In my experience the cinch buckle is easier to use. The dutchbuckle requires a little more adjustment and I can't get it dialed into my preferred laying angles as easy as using the cinch buckle. To get the perfect lay with the dutchbuckle I have to use some whoopies.

I have used elephant trunks and they were easier to use than the Dutch buckle but essentially the same concept except there is a hook to connect to the hammock suspension.

I currently use the stock webbing suspension on my BB XLC. It is fast and easy.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    I asked a similar question awhile back, and some folks answered that the Dutch buckles were a little tricky to adjust when used with webbing.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    You want cinch buckles if that is the only adjustment point. Dutch Buckles are meant to change the size of the strap to fit the tree. Not as the sole adjustment point.
    Last edited by Dutch; 03-18-2015 at 19:28.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    DIY Bic bridge, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Yu want cinch buckles if that is the only adjustment point. Dutch Buckles are meant to change the size of the strap to fit the tree. Not as the sole adjustment point.
    Are you sure Dutch? Have you created so much being that you've confused some of it, or am I confused? I am thinking you are thinking of adutchable clips, while they are talking about dutch buckles.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Yu want cinch buckles if that is the only adjustment point. Dutch Buckles are meant to change the size of the strap to fit the tree. Not as the sole adjustment point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjoman View Post
    Are you sure Dutch? Have you created so much being that you've confused some of it, or am I confused? I am thinking you are thinking of adutchable clips, while they are talking about dutch buckles.
    No, he's talking about sizing the strap attachment point for the whoopie. You can move the Dutchbuckle along the strap so that you can get the attachment point closer to the tree, or at whatever point you want it. Whether or not it can be used with continuous loops sans whoopies, I don't know. I presume there could be an angle issue as the loop from a whoopie begins at a single point, whereas the angle for the continuous loops is apt to be more broad coming out from the gathered hammock. Personally, I'd take Dutch's advice and not use it for that purpose.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    I have the Adutchable, the Dutch Buckle, basically all youp mentioned Banjoman. The Buckle is best for me with long straps and a whoopie/ucr. The Adutchable lets me adjust it from the strap. I find the Adutchable faster as I larkshead the UCR to my strap.

I also have a cinch buckle/dutch clip setup. By far the simplest of all IMO. Adjusting a Dutch Buckle and and another thing is redundant.
    Brady

Hammock
    Dutch NylonD 11'
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Insulation
    UGQ 20º Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Dutch Ti Buckles
    Images

I was looking at using Dutch clips and the only point of adjustment being the dutchbuckles. That way the suspension is easy to take away from the hammock. I understand I would not have the length range as a whoopie attached to a the hammock and looped onto the Dutch buckle. But I don't want more than one point of adjustment for here to have to figure out and I want it to be easy to separate to pack dry/wet components separate.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    I don't know if this helps at all, but here's what I'm doing. I did this because the end opening on my SLD Nexus bug net is a sewn/fixed opening and it's really small. Too small to fit a cinch buckle of any brand through. With the Dutch biner I can quickly & easily unhook my suspension from my hammock and thread the continuous loop through the net opening. This set-up might work for you. I had thought about the Dutch Buckle as an alternative, but was told that adjusting the webbing wasn't very easy. I have since added a Dutch brand cinch buckle to this set-up instead of the WB style.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Wait about an hour and I will have Cinch Bugs available and it makes this conversation obsolete.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast