Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    To make sure that I forget less than I otherwise would I've scrolled back over what I've posted and here's my final answer:

I plan to leave Aggieland mid-afternoon on Thursday. We'll call my eta 4:00. (I know, AM or PM?, 1600 for Sarge)

Should I meet at PL8 and plan on a caravan or are we all meeting at the lake? If the latter, would you PM me the gate code and secret handshake schematic Sarge?
    PM on the way.

Anyone else who is arriving on Thursday need the Gate combo?

Quote Originally Posted by lostagain View Post
    Mike - Myself and Patrick (gmcpcs) will there tonight and will go open the gates to the lake tomorrow morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by CooOkieCOOon View Post
    Don't leave the gates open. The neighbors will find you... They will get you.. They watch that place like white on rice..

But really. I would leave it closed and just faux lock it. I've had them come behind me and lock it up before and interrogate me until I showed them my permit. Lol.
    Fake locking it doesn't work either. I did that last time and came back to find the neighbors had locked it. Its one of the reasons I want to limit the number of vehicles at the lake.

This might become an issue on Sunday. Some folks will be hiking back to PL8, and that will require them packing gear and getting it onto shuttle vehicles Sunday AM.

We can also shuttle people back to PL8 to pick up their vehicles and drive back to Niederhoffer to pack their stuff. The issue will come when somebody inbound meets somebody outbound on a very narrow road with no place to turn around. so what we're going to have to do is establish times on Sunday for "Outbound only" and "Inbound only" to make sure we don't have the kind of traffic jam we went into the woods to escape.

But his is an issue that can be solved once we get there and find out who is willing and/or able to hike back on Sunday. I'll be driving my Taurus into Niederhoffer on Thursday and will leave it there so that I can shuttle at least four persons back to PL8 to pick up their cars.

One thing that can help the situation is to limit the stuff you decide to send over to Niederhoffer on Saturday.

For instance:

By Friday night, there will be some half empty coolers. Try to team up with someone to share a cooler, thus reducing the number of coolers that go over to the lake by half. Put the empty cooler into your car.

Folks bringing a pop-up on Thursday can leave them at Niederhoffer and we can use the pop-ups that folks are bringing in on Friday at PL8, taking the need for pop-up transpo out of the equation.

Modest request for hang locations at Niederhoffer: There's a spot I dearly love and would request that earlier arrivals allow me the pleasure of occupying it once again. Its close to the lake, past the pier and the blue 55 gallon drum might still be over there.

Just putting this out there. I am making steaks and potatoes Thursday night. I have 6 already seasoned, three and 1/2 of them are spoken for but if anybody else wants to bring some for Thursday I can bring extra seasonings. Just let me know. Thanks Cheryl

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole;DIY
    Insulation
    HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

TX > New Waverly>4th Annual Texas Butt Bake>July 30-Aug 2 2015

Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post

Modest request for hang locations at Niederhoffer: There's a spot I dearly love and would request that earlier arrivals allow me the pleasure of occupying it once again. Its close to the lake, past the pier and the blue 55 gallon drum might still be over there.
    Pics of Sarges spot, he decided to model his back side in this picture as well.

It's a mighty fine spot, so STAY OFF HIS LAWN.

Modest request for hang locations at Niederhoffer: There's a spot I dearly love and would request that earlier arrivals allow me the pleasure of occupying it once again. Its close to the lake, past the pier and the blue 55 gallon drum might still be over there.[/QUOTE]

Hope i am not speaking out of turn, but Sarge of course you should get your favorite spot and we all appreciate what you do and the work you have put in to continually plan this outing.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Baby Huey View Post
    Just putting this out there. I am making steaks and potatoes Thursday night. I have 6 already seasoned, three and 1/2 of them are spoken for but if anybody else wants to bring some for Thursday I can bring extra seasonings. Just let me know. Thanks Cheryl
    I was thinking of that same menu - I plan to be a carnivore this week! I can bring my own or eat leftover scraps.

Hope i am not speaking out of turn, but Sarge of course you should get your favorite spot and we all appreciate what you do and the work you have put in to continually plan this outing.
    Agreed multiple times over.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    My DIY 1.9 SL ATACS-FG WB clone
    Tarp
    DIY Sil ATACS Hex
    Insulation
    Underquilt.com FL
    Suspension
    DBL StrapCarabiner
    Images
    Lost again, I'll see you at pl#8 tonight. (Wed) Gray ford Ranger pickup.

I'm confused though on being at the lake on Thursday? Is that to pre stage items for Saturday? We hike there on Friday, right? When and where is the potluck? Gate keepers on my brain...

I'm in Austin at a conference presented by the state agency, so that's my brain fsrt excuse...

Take it easy,
    gmcpcs
    Semper Veritas.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    STEAK AND TATERS! STEAK AND TATERS! STEAK AND TATERS! STEAK AND TATERS! STEAK AND TATERS! STEAK AND TATERS!

Umm--- I mean.

Yah, I could go for that....

Quote Originally Posted by CooOkieCOOon View Post
    Pics of Sarges spot, he decided to model his back side in this picture as well.

It's a mighty fine spot, so STAY OFF HIS LAWN.

Ahh---sweet memories of days gone by.

I can go what Tom calls "High Porch" off of those two in the front.

Dang---wanna leave RIGHT. NOW.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Lumber Jack tells me he's in for steak and taters. He's bringing some froo froo bread. I'll pick up some cole slaw.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcpcs View Post
    Lost again, I'll see you at pl#8 tonight. (Wed) Gray ford Ranger pickup.

I'm confused though on being at the lake on Thursday? Is that to pre stage items for Saturday? We hike there on Friday, right? When and where is the potluck? Gate keepers on my brain...

I'm in Austin at a conference presented by the state agency, so that's my brain fsrt excuse...

Take it easy,
    gmcpcs
    We're at the lake on Thursday to set up camp, collect firewood, hike water in to one of the water points not accessible by car, last minute planning, Wilderness Ministry discussion session, swim, and lollygag some.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Thursday arrivals (please shout if I missed you):

Uncle Mike