DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Point taken. But Tom will be with us. He's been on the route before and he has medical training-------

Its a two mile round trip, so I think we can make it if we leave by 1800.

That's three. Who else thinks they want tote 8 pounds for a mile?

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    A challenge has been issued.

A challenge has been answered:

Hammock
    NX250, Envy, Appalachian
    Tarp
    one with doors
    Insulation
    UGQ down
    Suspension
    straps & Dutch's
    haven't checked in in a while 'cause life has kept me busier'n'a one armed paper hanger. So....I"m coming down Wednesday and should be there in time to get setup at the parking lot. I will have with me much of my normal camping gear plus other oddments of hiking/backpacking gear. I can also (as in addition to others) bring a 9x9 stand up canopy for rain. I also have a 12x20 or 16x20 (can't remember which) that can be rigged up if needed for either rain or shade. I'll have a 48 qt. cooler and can bring a second if needed. Will have to know before tomorrow morning though if that's needed. I believe I also have some cast iron gear in the back of my truck as well. Can also bring an extra hammock of 3 if folks think it's needed. If anyone needs a cookset I can also bring one or two of those. For the whole thing I have big trash bags available and will bring with me. I also have plastic cups and can bring paper towels.

Also, although it's fairly full, things can be moved around in the bed and I can haul stuff if needed for shuttling. And I can filter, tote and bring extra water. Anything comes to mind that hasn't already been mentioned, let me know before Wednesday noon.

EDIT

Also, does anyone want anything from Bucee's? I've got one about 3 minutes from my place and am stopping for a bag or two of ice to go in my cooler.
    Last edited by lostagain; 07-28-2015 at 15:14.
    Remember...no matter where you go...there you are.

"I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion". - John Steinbeck

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lostagain View Post
    haven't checked in in a while 'cause life has kept me busier'n'a one armed paper hanger. So....I"m coming down Wednesday and should be there in time to get setup at the parking lot. I will have with me much of my normal camping gear plus other oddments of hiking/backpacking gear. I can also (as in addition to others) bring a 9x9 stand up canopy for rain. I also have a 12x20 or 16x20 (can't remember which) that can be rigged up if needed for either rain or shade. I'll have a 48 qt. cooler and can bring a second if needed. Will have to know before tomorrow morning though if that's needed. I believe I also have some cast iron gear in the back of my truck as well. Can also bring an extra hammock of 3 if folks think it's needed. If anyone needs a cookset I can also bring one or two of those. For the whole thing I have big trash bags available and will bring with me. I also have plastic cups and can bring paper towels.

Also, although it's fairly full, things can be moved around in the bed and I can haul stuff if needed for shuttling. And I can filter, tote and bring extra water. Anything comes to mind that hasn't already been mentioned, let me know before Wednesday noon.

EDIT

Also, does anyone want anything from Bucee's? I've got one about 3 minutes from my place and am stopping for a bag or two of ice to go in my cooler.
    Looks like Patrick is gonna have some company tomorrow night.

Bring whatever you think you need or we can use that will fit in the truck, and we'll see you at the lake on Thursday.

We are planning on leaving by 10am Thursday so we will see ya'll at the lake around noonish.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    To make sure that I forget less than I otherwise would I've scrolled back over what I've posted and here's my final answer:

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    I'm bringing iron to heat the brisket along with a bucket of sand my bride is contributing for dessert.
    I'll likely fix something else too if I feel energized and motivated. Or not.

I do have a Sunday gig that I haven't prepared for so I have some homework to do for prep on Saturday so I will arrive Thursday as planned and be leaving Saturday morning. If I'm needed to shuttle gear to Neiderhoffer, glad to do it before I head for home.

I will bring shade and a table for the Friday night feast too. I don't mind making coffee, biscuits and gravy for breakfast on Friday morning.
    Friday coffee for sure, Saturday morning too if there is an interest and there are leftovers, although I may still be snoring when the hikers head out. I plan to bug out shortly after the Exodus begins.

For Friday especially, BYO cups and any coffee additives you like to use.

I'll bring enough flour to make sure you can have seconds Sarge. If you're quick enough that is.

I don't mind hauling some double bagged trash. I am planning of bringing my truck and can haul gear for slack packers too if that is necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Baby Huey View Post
    We are planning on leaving by 10am Thursday so we will see ya'll at the lake around noonish.
    I plan to leave Aggieland mid-afternoon on Thursday. We'll call my eta 4:00. (I know, AM or PM?, 1600 for Sarge)

Should I meet at PL8 and plan on a caravan or are we all meeting at the lake? If the latter, would you PM me the gate code and secret handshake schematic Sarge?
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    NX250, Envy, Appalachian
    Tarp
    one with doors
    Insulation
    UGQ down
    Suspension
    straps & Dutch's
    Mike - Myself and Patrick (gmcpcs) will there tonight and will go open the gates to the lake tomorrow morning.

"I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion". - John Steinbeck

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole;DIY
    Insulation
    HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by lostagain View Post
    Mike - Myself and Patrick (gmcpcs) will there tonight and will go open the gates to the lake tomorrow morning.
    Don't leave the gates open. The neighbors will find you... They will get you.. They watch that place like white on rice..

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole;DIY
    Insulation
    HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    But really. I would leave it closed and just faux lock it. I've had them come behind me and lock it up before and interrogate me until I showed them my permit. Lol.

Hammock
    NX250, Envy, Appalachian
    Tarp
    one with doors
    Insulation
    UGQ down
    Suspension
    straps & Dutch's
    To be sure for anyone checking the thread before leaving tomorrow. I'm about to de-camp here at my trailer. I'll be leaving DFW around 1PM today. I'll definitely be bringing a setup 9x9' canopy, heavy duty trash bags, plastic cups, a large tarp, extra hammock, hanging cordage and straps, extra tarp, various and sundry car camping gear, and two coolers. Also ice and at least 5 gallons of Ozarka water in the 2.5 gal. jugs. Probably bringing 8 or 10 gallons total, but definitely two of the 2.5 gal jugs. I'll check this thread just before leaving, so once again if anyone wants me to bring anything from Buc-ee's let me know via here.

See y'll there!

• + New Posts
  • Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast