WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB & Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie DIY
    Images
    Anyone try the Z1 yet? I'm interested in it since it fits in your palm and can swap batteries and goes from 4-20cm... just wondering

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    I've decided to give the PowerAdd Pilot a try. It's Li Ion, same watt hours as the name brand cpap batteries, $130, and returnable to Amazon if it's a dud on arrival. The reviews on cpaptalk.com were overall pretty good, just mixed on the quality of the product on arrival. Some were duds and some worked great. Fingers crossed that it actually will power my machine, and that I can get 2 nights out of it. I will report back.
    Sorry to say, but the PowerAdd Pilot doesn't work. I charged it up and attached it exactly in the manner that was posted on cpaptalk.com. It did absolutely nothing. Wouldn't even turn the cpap machine on. Bummer. Back to my original choice......no cpap for 2 night trips, or spend $300 minimum for 1-2 nights of power. No cpap gets the vote for a couple nights gets the vote.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    The Pro Pilot is rated at 4A max, the Respironics CPAP has a 5A surge on startup. I thought that was only with the humidifier but perhaps not.

Also, make sure you have the polarity correct on the end connector.

Your cost for 1 night to 1.5 night of power @ pressure setting of 12-14 should be about $130 w/ info I PM'd.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    The Pro Pilot is rated at 4A max, the Respironics CPAP has a 5A surge on startup. I thought that was only with the humidifier but perhaps not.

Also, make sure you have the polarity correct on the end connector.

Your cost for 1 night to 1.5 night of power @ pressure setting of 12-14 should be about $130 w/ info I PM'd.
    There's only one way to connect the PowerAdd Pilot, so no way to get the polarity wrong. Several others on cpaptalk.com have used this battery with the same cpap as me with good results so I was hopeful. My pressure is 15/17, so even the BPS type battery may only give me 1 night according to what they told me via e-mail. I don't think I want to go through the hassle & cost (even $130) for just 1 night of cpap. I was willing to give the PoweAdd Pilot a try since it was easy to order and easy to return. But I've decided to just go without the cpap for 2 night kayak trips and use my big batteries for rafting.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    I have tried a lot of things but, on a slim budget, I have finally settled on using a deep cycle marine battery with an inverter for my Respironics CPAP and only for "car camping" trips. For backpacking or canoe/kayaking trips I simply do without.
    I usually do try to take a couple of tylenol PMs at bedtime and, between them and the hammock itself I manage a couple of hours.
    My major plan is weight loss. I was a paratrooper for eight years active and leg infantry for three in the NG, I tore my leg up the last year in the guard and had to have several reconstructive surgeries. I lost the ability to run and, for a long time, even hike. When one goes from a super active lifestyle to a super inactive one.....yeah....I kinda blew up like a balloon. I hit 333 pounds right after the VA finished my last surgery in December of 2013.
    I have been DETERMINED to reverse this and get back to doing what I love, since the VA gave my leg the blessing of "go forth and do." I am down to 265 and plan to be down around 230ish by the end of this summer. I plan to hit my goal of 180ish by the end of next summer and, I am hopeful, that my "sleep apnea" will improve or go away with the weight loss.
    Again, when hiking/canoeing/kayaking, when I get tired enough, I reckon that I'll sleep. I'm not going to let this crap keep me from what I want to do.
    Old Dominion Hangers
    KM4COF
    VA-4th Annual NOVA Hang-Nov 6-8 PWFP

Hammock
    HH hyperlight
    Tarp
    JRB Cat/Cuban Cat
    Insulation
    MW4UQ/Leighlo 2/3
    Suspension
    Whoop/Nacra/Dutch
    Of course everyone is different, but my experience with the oral appliance is good. My apnea is fairly severe (auto-bipap averaging 12). I had a TAP 3 made and of course it is dandy for backpacking. No weight at all. I tested mine with an overnight oximeter and my numbers were as good as with the bipap. I had to adjust it to its maximum "jaw-jutting" position, but you can get home oximetry for free from most home health care agencies to test and adjust. (I think the sleeping posture in a hammock also helps and have heard others say that apnea is better in a hammock.) So don't dismiss the mandibular advancement appliances out of hand just because you don't feel blowing air. The are expensive. Mine was about $600, but I have now had the same one for 8 years. I did have to have it tweaked once after a crown. I just use it when I fly somewhere and backpack so not daily use. But I can't imaging hauling a battery around. The surgery (UPPP uvulopalatopharangoplasty) is not that successful (http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders...ve-sleep-apnea) and soda pop is likely to come out your nose afterwards. The oral appliances are really the only alternative to going bare for most backpackers.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by shipsgunner View Post
    Anyone try the Z1 yet? I'm interested in it since it fits in your palm and can swap batteries and goes from 4-20cm... just wondering
    The machine itself is small, but that's just the machine. You have to buy the powershell battery to go with it. Altogether, still fairly small and light weight going by the specs, but pricey. Machine costs around $800/auto & $500/single pressure, and the powershell battery pack about $500, and it's rated for 8 hours of power at a pressure setting of 14

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB & Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie DIY
    Images
    Thanks for the info on the Z1. I might have to save up for one this summer.

SG

Hammock
    Hennessey Safari
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9 or 12
    Insulation
    UGQ under quilt
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    I go without when camping but if u r comfortable with nasal pillows the Resmed Bella FX (comes in gray or pink) takes up minimum space. My Dr ordered it for me last year but the insurance sent me the Swift Light so I went ahead and ordered one from Amazon. Just make sure you have the small hose connection with the hard, round, gray "O" ring. The soft one from my old Swift kept popping off.

I just got a new Swift (for her) and it has the new "O" connector so I can alternate.

http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer...ella-gray.html

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast