Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    This sure was a bittersweet hang for me. I love Isabelle Creek Campsite and it tryed to eat me as the creek got me to my left knee 2 times. Hehe.

There were a few new faces that are some real nice folks and I was sure glad to meet you all.

Lilricky, you are an Ambassador for hammocks and what someone should aspire to be as well. I didn't get to see you before you left and I sure do wish you great luck in Texas. Hope to see you next January or maybe even a few trips to Hidden Pond if you can get away.

We had a variety of food for this hang and it was well worth the trip for this as well as all the Sherpa Hang regulars. Friday night, Lilricky shared a steak with me that was perfectly seasoned. Yum. It went well with the stir-fried rice I made in my wok. Cobblers from Olddog for desert was welcomed in the cool night next to a warm fire that made for a wonderful time with new and old friends sharing plenty of stories. Plenty of owl calls could be heard for a long time before bedtime at midnight.

Saturday started at 41*F as the light of day approached. I had an excellent 5hr sleep and everything was still and quiet, so, after the nature call, I dozed off again until 6:48am. Late for me, but I got the fire going before anyone else came to the firering. Saturday morning breakfast was more of a late brunch with MM in a 14 DO, sausage gravy for the biscuits made in a paper box oven, and Olddogs famous cheesy bacon grits.

It was a lazy day and very nice time in the woods at a slower pace than the working world. I spent a little energy helping Lilricky drop a very tall standing dead tree that we attempted to use for a bridge over the creek. We failed, even with the help of about 10-12 of us moving it to the creek edge. We planted it at the base of the shore and we tried to lift it and drop it over, but it was just too heavy. Maybe it can be dragged over to the other bank in the future.

The day was warmer than Friday, but, also with an intermitten cloud cover and breeze that made it perfect for an afternoon nap in my shady spot. I soon woke up to the sound of a lot of talking and laughter. When I got to the common area, I found that most have gone to help Lilricky get his car out of sand he was stuck in. And a group of Scouts had gone over the creek to set up on the other side.

I stoked the fire a little and had some chat time when I realized the daylight was fading quick, so I got my headlamp and set out to rescue the rescue team....and get some pics of the situation. I missed my mission since the group was already heading back. At least I was told there were some pics of the car rescue.

Supper was fine with another first, as is common with Florida hangs. J-E-M was not able to be with us, but, tasked JimJ with a fine outdoor course of a wonderful Fritopie. JimJ warmed the premade chili and passed us the instructions on building the pie. 1 or 2 scoops of chili poured into an individual bag of Fritos and sprinkle liberally with cheese. Lip smacking good and easy clean up. Then came the next course with Mad777's Redbeans and Rice. Of course, it's not complete without Olddogs Cobbler.

A wonderfully hot fire to talk around until past 11pm before hitting the sack. Great stories and maybe a few lies flew abundant with some adult beverages, ice cold Powerade(thanks again, Lilricky), and great tasting creek water.

Sunday morning was 53*F and one of the first times I slept the entire night with no nature call. I did wake enough to hear the cries of coyotes in the distance. Such a great sound. I made it out of the hammock at the same 6:48am time and again made the fire. As another MM breakfast was being made, I spent some time taking pics of the hammock rigs. A few folks had already started breaking camp, so I didn't get everyones rigs.

Lilricky and Emcee had already departed before we gathered to take the group picture. Also not appearing was Moonbear. He made it out for a day hike Saturday. He is so excited and can't wait for his first hammock from Papa and Mama Smurf.

With the Sherpa's all packed, the aluminum DO's in hand and packs on our backs, we headed out in a warm upper 70's temp with great Florida Sunshine leading the way. Parting such great company is always a downer, but, the memories made this weekend wipe that feeling away.

Thanks to Samsara for hosting us on the 4th Annual Florida Hang. I'm sure sorry to hear your moving away from FL.
    Thanks to Lilricky for your companionship on so many hikes and hangs. You will surely be missed in FL.
    Thanks to the rest of you fine hanging and hiking folks for making my time so fun. I don't want to leave anyone out so I only listed those 2 that are leaving us for other paths, but, you all were great to be around.

Pics to follow.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Last edited by Floridahanger; 02-23-2015 at 22:55.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    My stir-fry rice friday night, morning sausage gravy for my box oven biscuits.
    IMG_0108 copy.jpgIMG_0119 copy.jpgIMG_0120 copy.jpgIMG_0121 copy.jpg

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Preparing MM and cheesy bacon grits.

IMG_0162 copy.jpgIMG_0161 copy.jpgIMG_0163 copy 2.jpgIMG_0117 copy.jpg

They look so good.

IMG_0116 copy.jpgIMG_0166 copy 2.jpgIMG_0167 copy 2.jpg

Yes, we even bring the kitchen sink to clean up.

IMG_0113 copy.jpg
    Last edited by Floridahanger; 02-23-2015 at 22:10.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    How we DIY in FLORIDA:

Ice in the firepit and Mad777 giving it a go(backwoods A/C).
    IMG_0168 copy 2.jpgIMG_0171 copy 2.jpg

Mad777 has a new TQ with removable pad footbox.
    IMG_0147 copy.jpgIMG_0150 copy.jpgIMG_0149 copy.jpgIMG_0151 copy.jpg

HangNyak's Fleece booties.
    IMG_0159 copy.jpg

My hammock, UQ, tarp, pole mod.
    IMG_0153 copy.jpgIMG_0154 copy.jpgIMG_0155 copy.jpgIMG_0156 copy.jpg

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Just look at that great looking bunch of hangers...16+3 dogs here and 19+3 dogs in total...

...We will miss you Lilricky and Samsara...

The 4th Annual Sherpa Hang.

Missing from group picture:
    MoonBear - day hike on Saturday.
    Lilricky and Emcee - left early Sunday.
    Last edited by Floridahanger; 02-23-2015 at 23:00.

Hammock
    DH Nighthawk
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    I attended my first LWRSF Sherpa Hang. I'll be back!! I suck at trip reports, but here goes nothing.....

I arrived a little late Saturday. After arriving at the school bus road gate and tram road gate and with no way of getting in. I realize I might not of followed the guide lines. I sent out for help and received help from a hanger. I got in! Payed my dues + some. Took the long slow ride down the road and hoping for no oncoming traffic, since it was one lane. I found a parking spot and parked behind a hangers SUV. Started my hike on what I thought was the correct path....NOT. **** orange flags, they got me! After an hour detour, I made it to the spot. Introduced my self and met everyone. The location was very nice and the creek that ran through was nice to have.
    After a few minutes of hanging out. Some people wanted to cut a dead tree down "Not pointing fingers" lol. and make another creek crossing. The creek crossing did not work in our favor. Until next time Mr. tree, you just chill there until next time! OldDog, Excellent spoons you make. $$ well spent on my end. Bla1z3, Thank you for showing me your set up. And to everyone else. Thank you. I had a great one day trip.

Until next time, Keep hanging!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast