Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Note mtntopper's pertinent question. You've done a great job at a "first impressions" post, but this is not a review of a camping hammock.

Hammock
    Dutchware Argon 11'
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    z-lite sol
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by allhansondeck View Post
    Thanks for a great review. I too, started hanging with a package hammock, HH Explorer UL A-Sym but am seriously looking at Dutch's Argon after reading all the favorable comments on the forum.
    What are your plans for a bugnet? Summers in NH will be impossible without one.
    My plans for a Bugnet are still in the works. In the past I just draped some mosquito netting over my Ridgeline, but I'm looking at something like the HUG half Bugnet. But I haven't figures that bit out just yet.

Hammock
    Dutchware Argon 11'
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    z-lite sol
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Note mtntopper's pertinent question. You've done a great job at a "first impressions" post, but this is not a review of a camping hammock.
    I'll be sure to keep everyone updated as I give it more use to uphold the thoroughness of this review

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Good response. I look forward to it.

I like the info you have provided so far. Yeah lets us know how it works out in the field. I am looking for another lighter hammock and this may work.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Quote Originally Posted by moorefoodnow View Post
    My plans for a Bugnet are still in the works. In the past I just draped some mosquito netting over my Ridgeline, but I'm looking at something like the HUG half Bugnet. But I haven't figures that bit out just yet.
    Dutch has made an awesome bugnet. The ENO bugnet is too short, heavy, and expensive. Most of the other nets out there are designed for 10' and not 11' hammocks so they don't work well. I had one issue with Dutch's bugnet (too large an opening at the bottom so that cinching it up is tricky) but he says he's working on it. His net is real light, half the price, and made for 11' hammocks.
    Alternatively, the Dutch sock would work like a charm in every season except real hot nights.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Dutchware Argon 11'
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    z-lite sol
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Hey, if I can throw money at Dutch, I will. Seeing how he runs his business and the quality of his gear, I've developed somewhat of a brand loyalty towards him.

I'm not sure if I like the style of the fronkey Bugnet though. Sure, full coverage is great and all, but the minimalist in me likes to reason that my legs don't need the coverage if I'm already in a bag. I'd either DIY or buy the HUG from Arrowhead equipment. At least just to try the concept out before going full enclosure.

Just my insane rambling thoughts.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    I don't think I could go without a full net. On those days and nights by the lake when the bugs are around I sometimes find my hammock is not just a bed, but a room. When the bite is on I like to crawl into my hammock and hang out. Play my accordion, organize my Pokemon cards, make origami, practice my dance moves, count the money from my latest heist (umarked and non-sequential), do a puzzle or two, play a little one person chess, play some crochet and then croquet a sweater, re-lace my snowshoes, do some small computer repairs, and of course it's always nice to take some time with the watercolors doing some Warholesque outdoor landscapes.

Hey, I may be sedentary but I don't just sit around and do nothing all day.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Ray Mears Eco Hammock
    Tarp
    Aussie Hootchie
    Suspension
    Strap/Ring + Knots
    Hi Moore

A good review, thanks and very timely as I am a similar height to you and have the exact same hammock on order from Dutch. It should be winging it’s way across the pond as I type, so can’t wait to get my hands on it and give it a try. Hopefully the rain will stop by the time it gets here!

Hammock
    Dutchware Argon 11'
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    z-lite sol
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    UPDATE: spent 2 wonderful nights in the dutchware Argon hammock this past weekend. I'm pleased to announce that the stretch of the argon material was very comfortable and didn't adversely effect the lay of the hammock whatsoever.

While the hammock did well, my only criticism so far is that the hammock is a touch narrow. Of course, being 6'2" 240 lbs and broad in the shoulders, I take up more diagonal space than most. My feet never came out of the hammock, but I could feel the edge in my feet through my quilt. My quilt also came off my shoulder and over the side of the hammock a couple times throughout the night leaving a cold spot. I wish the hammock was about 18" wider and it would be absolutely PERFECT.

On a similar note, anyone familiar with argon fabric want to quote me a price on sewing 9+" of fabric in either side of of the hammock?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast