Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Congrats on your tarp, it does have some nice craftsmanship. It's cool that you're so giddy about, I bet it makes the guy that fabbed it for you very proud. Good job on the video, too. Always cool to see a face and hear a voice to go along with a username.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by easttex View Post
    Hey DD, I have some of this reflective neon green or black cord I just got. It would match great! Pm me your address and I'll send you some! I have plans for the same color scheme. That's an awesome tarp!
    That is very generous. What diameter is the line?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole;DIY
    Insulation
    HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    That is very generous. What diameter is the line?
    It's 1.18mm very small and light.

Images
    It's 1.18mm very small and light.
    The size of the green sounds to be what I would need for the tarp worms. I would be happy to buy some from you. I would need about 40 feet total to make sure I'm where I want to be on the lines.

An even better thought would be to just tell me where you got it from and I'll buy as much as I want.

You're being very gracious in offering but I want to make sure I have enough to adjust down the road as I see fit.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole;DIY
    Insulation
    HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    The size of the green sounds to be what I would need for the tarp worms. I would be happy to buy some from you. I would need about 40 feet total to make sure I'm where I want to be on the lines.

An even better thought would be to just tell me where you got it from and I'll buy as much as I want.

You're being very gracious in offering but I want to make sure I have enough to adjust down the road as I see fit.
    No problem! I got it from paracordgalaxy.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EdLee View Post
    That is one fine looking tarp!
    Thanks Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by bkrgi View Post
    Not my style but then that is the whole point....it is all about you and what you want and going the extra mile to have it fabricated as such, which makes it awesome.
    Well done, well thought out and hopefully it provides yrs worth of enjoyment for you!!!!!!!

And great job on the Vid as well

The video is only my third attempt at this sort of thing. I'm finding I really enjoy the process of conceptualizing, scripting, shooting and editing. Glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
    Nice looking tarp yo!Looks like you got yourself a palace and a good friend.. love the stitching.
    Yea, the stitching is really nice. Mystery builder 007 has a steady hand and a fine design eye.

Quote Originally Posted by halfastronomical View Post
    Mighty fine! Love the contrast. That is a sho nuff nice tarp and the elves in the woods were playing some pretty sweet tunes also.
    That they were but man were they expensive. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatHanger View Post
    Congrats on your tarp, it does have some nice craftsmanship. It's cool that you're so giddy about, I bet it makes the guy that fabbed it for you very proud. Good job on the video, too. Always cool to see a face and hear a voice to go along with a username.
    Mystery Builder 007 should be proud of it. He/She would tell you there were a few things not perfect on it but he/she is their own worst critic. Glad you enjoyed the video too. I've been told I have a voice for newsprint and a face for radio.

No problem! I got it from paracordgalaxy.com
    That's the ticket. You're a good egg sir. Thanks for the recommendation.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images

Glad you enjoyed the video too. I've been told I have a voice for newsprint and a face for radio.

Now that's funny! The video was great...you should do video reports on your hammock hangs.

Also, paracordgalaxy has shock cord in colors.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    Now that's funny! The video was great...you should do video reports on your hammock hangs.

Yea, noticed that too. I need to get a third part-time job to cover the goodies I've seen but have no need for.

I fully intend to do a series of videos on some of the hangs and some other projects I'm working on. I'm getting a new lab sometime close to the summer and I intend to do some videos on her, her training and her progression as a trail dog. I get what Shug means when he says he doesn't like watching himself. I have too many things I say too often and I ramble too much even with a pseudo script. This will improve, I guarantee it otherwise I'll have to chop edit so much, no one will want to watch anything I do.

Hammock
    Mine-ziz.... Nachos
    Tarp
    Yuge
    Insulation
    safishent
    Suspension
    MSH, 1.4gpf straps
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    man-oh-man DD... that newsprint/radio line is funny. Never have heard that before.
    If'n yer of th'mind to put some neon green shock cord on yer tarp (it's actually a neon green/black checked) - All the Wally's 'round here have it in their craft section. Perhaps the ones in your neck of the woods do as well? Likely quicker & less expensive than an on-line purchase..
    Great looking tarp,

u.w.

Images
    Turns out I ordered the wrong size Lawson line to begin with. The proper size is in route this week and I might get a chance to hang this weekend.

If the mother-in-law decides the weather is too bad to drive then I'm ready to rock. Hope to take the boy with me and do some more video time with him. Where we like to go will likely have the streams a little higher because of the recent rains so should be a fun time to get away for a short trip. Here's hoping....

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12