Argon 11'
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Jarbige + Snivler
    Suspension
    Speed hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by fromkentucky View Post
    Does Polyester's firmness lead to any additional tendency to form ridges or pressure lines, or does it simply not conform as much to body shape?

Also, I'm a little worried about the <1.6oz fabrics holding my weight, as I'm around 220lbs.
    I haven't noticed anything in that regard. Haven't done any scientific comparison, though. "not conform as as much to body shape", or as I think someone else put it, I sink into it less, it's more like resting on top.

Actually, I mis-spoke earlier: I have a 1.2 oz PolyD hammock, not a 1.4 oz one. I'm 190 lbs. You could always go with one of the nylon ones if you're concerned about strength.

Hammock
    Dutchware Argon 11'
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    z-lite sol
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by fromkentucky View Post
    Does Polyester's firmness lead to any additional tendency to form ridges or pressure lines, or does it simply not conform as much to body shape?

Also, I'm a little worried about the <1.6oz fabrics holding my weight, as I'm around 220lbs.
    I just got an Argon hammock from dutch and it felt just about as solid as my 400lbs capacity Grand Trunk double. I tip the scales around ~245lbs and even did a little "bounce" testing on the hammock and was totally confident in the fabric. You'll be fine.

look for my full review of the Argon in just a little bit

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbagwell View Post
    Stretch affects comfort and lay how?
    For me stretch makes me uncomfortable in my shoulders. Granted, my shoulders, as well as the rest of my body, has seen some pretty serious abuse.

What happens is through out the night the nylon fabric stretches and causes my shoulders to roll toward each other. This causes enough pain to wake me in the night; the pain is in front along my deltopectoral triangle. I need a pretty heavy nylon hammock (less stretch) to counter this, the heavy tablecloth fabric does okay. The lower stretch PolyD would be even better.

This is the only bad comfort issue I have with stretch in the hammock body. I do like that the hammock stretches where my feet are located and makes a nice little foot box. However, a foot box can be designed into the hammock so it isn't really a benefit.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Hammock
    Dutchware NylonD 11' Olive
    Suspension
    Rap Rings/Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moorefoodnow View Post
    I just got an Argon hammock from dutch and it felt just about as solid as my 400lbs capacity Grand Trunk double. I tip the scales around ~245lbs and even did a little "bounce" testing on the hammock and was totally confident in the fabric. You'll be fine.

look for my full review of the Argon in just a little bit
    Glad to hear, will do.

Hammock
    WBRR or 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    SpdrPoly Cinch Bug
    I received my 11' PolyD over the weekend and while I haven't had a chance to spend the night in it I did put it up for a nap and all I can say is HEAVEN. I compared it to a Wilderness Logics Lite Owl of the same length and, for me, it was much easier to find the sweet spot in the PolyD. I also had ZERO calf ridge pressure and shoulder squeeze. The Light Owl is way more comfortable than my old ENO Double Nest but I could certainly feel a bit more calf pressure in the Light Owl when compared to the PolyD. Of course, the Light Owl is my first whipped end hammock so that could have something to do with it. I'll play around with the whipping a little bit to see if I can get a better hang but at about half the weight I'm much preferring the PolyD. That is a comfortable hammock! YMMV

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123