DIY - Single Layer and Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    Nevermind, i should have read your post more closely. Ignore what i said.

Not a big deal. I'm not interested in the zliner though because its too bulky and heavy and it wont work with my other hammocks. Unfortunately, most down underquilts dont hang so well on the tx-250 because of the pole straps. i haven't gotten many comments. Maybe someone else can provide some advise?

Hammock
    DIY Speer design
    Tarp
    Cuben fiber
    Insulation
    top/underquilts
    Suspension
    Straps/whoopie
    I've used my hammockgear phoenix 45 x 52 3/4 quilt which worked well, but I had to run the side suspension on the inside of the end hoops in order to get a snug fit on the ends. I also have a full length undergroundquilts zeppelin 47 x 77 that works well also.

Hammock
    Dream Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11WB
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Have a look at the UGQ (Underground Quilts) website. http://www.undergroundquilts.com/uq/default.html
    They offer a 7/8 length, 66"

UGQ quality is without peer in the cottage industry.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 / Amok Draumr
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 16 X 16
    Insulation
    Mt. Washington 4
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Pythons
    Images
    My wife and I are using the Mt.Washington 4 as well and I agree with what this gent above is telling you about the MT. Washington. It is a wonderful under quilt. The rest of what he says I cannot vouch for, but as far as the Mt. WASHINGTON YOU CAN'T GO WRONG.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadenza View Post
    Have a look at the UGQ (Underground Quilts) website. http://www.undergroundquilts.com/uq/default.html
    They offer a 7/8 length, 66"

UGQ quality is without peer in the cottage industry.
    We are shooting some pictures and putting together a fitting guide for Clark TX/NX hammocks. We will be showing a Full Length 7/8 Length and 3/4 Length on a Clark. Hope to have it done and posted by next weekend....
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    TX-270, TTTM
    Tarp
    CCS, Vertex
    Insulation
    HG, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    HammockFan &amp;Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    We are shooting some pictures and putting together a fitting guide for Clark TX/NX hammocks. We will be showing a Full Length 7/8 Length and 3/4 Length on a Clark. Hope to have it done and posted by next weekend....
    I know you said "Hope to have....". Just checking to see if I have missed it, looking over your site... or still a work in progress.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 40°/20° to 30°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I contacted UGQ and got a suggestion about larksheading 5 ft long bungees with mitten hooks and cord locks on the ends to the head and foot end tie-outs at the top of the NX-250 pole hoops to snug up the 30° Zeppelin underquilt at the ends. I just got back from 4 nights out. I felt that bungees from the top compressed the head and foot hoods that creates the spaciousness I like so much. So I knotted the bungee ends to the corner tie-outs and ran the hooks to the tri-clips inside the quilt, but didn't trim them from the hoods in case it didn't work out. Here's how it looked
    20150625_0024.jpg20150625_0025.jpg20150625_0026.jpg20150625_0027.jpg20150625_0030.jpg
    However the tautness of the UGQ suspension compresses the hammock inward along the sides slightly but noticeably. Also as shown in the pics the ends slip down a few inches towards the center to maintain a tight seal but I felt the coverage was adequate. The night temps only dipped into the upper 40s the first night, and were in the upper 50s the other 3 nights so I slept with my 40° top quilt partially covering my bare legs with just a lightweight silk top on.

Being straight up honest, there is a lot of space between the NX's under-pockets and the underquilt though and I am considering adding Velcro loops up the sides of my pre-2014 NX-250 to the head area and at the top edge of the quilt so the quilt conforms more to the shape of the hammock, however I am concerned that Velcro hooks would not be healthy for the quilt when stuffing into its sack.

BTW, I had some noisy neighbors (very) nearby posturing for the best turf early every morning from 3:00 - 3:30.
    20150625_0035.jpg
    Last edited by Brian Miller; 07-02-2015 at 11:11.
    Brian
    (formerly Oblique Angler)

Job 41:1, 2

`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´><((((º>¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸

Hammock
    DIY - Single Layer and Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    I have looked many times since this original post (over a year ago) for this information and never found it at your website. I like you products - I have one of your top quilts and I still need an underquilt that works well with my clark. I don't want to spend the money (its a lot) without some assurance its going to work. My current underquilt just doesn't stay up without a lot of fiddling with it. I don't want to repeat that .... Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 40°/20° to 30°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by litetrek View Post
    I have looked many times since this original post (over a year ago) for this information and never found it at your website. I like you products - I have one of your top quilts and I still need an underquilt that works well with my clark. I don't want to spend the money (its a lot) without some assurance its going to work. My current underquilt just doesn't stay up without a lot of fiddling with it. I don't want to repeat that .... Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
    Hello, I hope all is well with you. The Manufacturers - UGQ forum would be the place that sr1355 from UGQ would see it and might respond.

I have tried the bungee from the top of the hoops again along with the mitten hooks for the triangle rings and it works to pull the far ends of the quilt out from under the center of the bed to give more coverage up the sides under the Clark hoods. I think "Triangle Thingies" from Arrowhead might also work for that.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
    Brian
    (formerly Oblique Angler)

Job 41:1, 2

`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´><((((º>`•. ¸
    `•.¸.•´><((((º>¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•. ¸

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    It was posted in one of your other posts. Sell it. Forgive me if you will, but Ill post once, but include info from your other posts. I understand your frustration.
    The Clark has a wow factor. Its hard not to be swayed by all the doo-dads and features. But it does have its issues, heavy, bulky, hard to stay warm/insulate, pricey.

One issue I see with your situation is you are trying to conform another vendors quilt to a your very specific hammock.
    Why not ask Clark? Do the Clark pockets work? Why not just use those?

You throw the other vendors under the bus.
    But in reality, its your hammock that is the issue, not their gear or suspension systems.
    You mention not wanting to spend money..what did you pay for hammock?
    Your hammock has spreader bars, pocket fabric, tabs and what not, that make fitting a standard quilt problematic.

Over the years, there have been posts of diy pocket tubes of down that seem to work. You stuff the tubes into the Clark pockets, they loft up and create a pseudo quilt, if you will. Seems feasible...if the total Clark system does what they say. From what I gather, you're supposed to stuff the pockets with shirts and pants and jackets. How did that work for you?

Tool Man Tony did a youtube video on how he utilizes carabiners to hold the quilt suspension. Have you looked at that?

A Chevy part doesn't work on a Ford.
    The other vendors have made lots of good products, that work on lots of typical hammocks. Proper fit and usage is the end users responsibility. At home practice is always one of the first recommendations this Forum tells folks. Know your gear, be it the hammock, tarp, pad/quilts, pack, shoes, whatever.
    Hanging in a hurricane certainly poses its own issues, and probably a situation you may never encounter again.
    Your pad was not tested. I can use a pad with a double layer hammock without much issue. The pad goes in the pocket, and stays put. But in a single layer hammock, it is a struggle.

I get it, you had a bad night. But it isn't always the gears fault. You took untested systems into a difficult environment.
    A poor carpenter blames his tools.
    In the end, you learned something about your gear.
    And you have a story to tell, "I hung during Matthew".
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast