Thread: new to Hennessy

new to Hennessy

I am buying the 4 season pad for an underquilt. My question is, when it first comes out of the compression sack it is nice and compact. Now I know on the set up video Tom just stuffs it back into his backpack. But when I go out I go for days at the time. I can't just stuff it back in I need the room for other stuff.
    How are you packing it back up?

Hammock
    WBRR / DD superlight
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Rev20°/Lynx 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I've got one and obviously the undercover stays on, no need to mess around with it once it's on but the pad I just roll back up and put back in to the double ended stuff sack. it is a bit of a tight fit so just need to roll it super tight and it goes in just fine and unravels itself a bit in the sack. I never just chucked it back in to my pack as was a bit worried about ripping the pad.
    All the gear and no idea.....

thanks now to order it lol

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickhob View Post
    I've got one and obviously the undercover stays on, no need to mess around with it once it's on but the pad I just roll back up and put back in to the double ended stuff sack. it is a bit of a tight fit so just need to roll it super tight and it goes in just fine and unravels itself a bit in the sack. I never just chucked it back in to my pack as was a bit worried about ripping the pad.
    I never have tore it stuffing it down into my pack, though I am careful to try and keep nylon fabric or space blanket between my hand and the pad. But I sure have put my fingers through my original pad from 8 years ago. It is very fragile. But the good news is:
    A: I have not yet put a hole in any of my newer pads, I just know to be careful.
    B: When I have put a hole in it, it does not seem to matter much, the edges of the hole will stay close together in use, and are easily patched with seam sealer and/or tape.

Hammock
    DIY / Half-wit / WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I've done the same with mine. Undercover stays on hammock, pad gets rolled back up and put back in double ended stuff sack. I paid close attention to how it was folded originally and tried my best to duplicate it again.

• + New Posts