DIY
    Tarp
    Digital Camo GG
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfscott View Post
    Yeah, I'm kind of in limbo right now because I'm still using dutch buckles and whoopie slings. I was getting ready to switch to whoopie hooks when speed hooks were first unveiled, so I held off. If SH2.0 doesn't materialize, I'll go to whoopie hooks. It's just a matter of deciding how long I'm going to wait...
    Don't wait! Dutch has already stated that they won't hit the market until he's absolutely sure of them. Knowing Dutch's reputation, that could be a while. If you order Whoopie Hooks this week and the Speed Hooks come out next week, I'm sure you could sell the WH's for close to original value. Heck! I might buy them.
    "Never corner anything meaner than you are...."-Unknown

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle Zip XL
    Tarp
    MacCat deluxe
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    is there a difference, other than how they are used, between "speed hooks" and the "double hammock whoopie hooks" ? I mean can't you use the first hole and throw the hitch around the back end of the double hammock whoopie hook?

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    It will wear out your amsteel. Also the double hammock whoopsie hooks were not reburred in the outer edges enough to take that kind of compression.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, EE Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Tipton View Post
    Don't wait! Dutch has already stated that they won't hit the market until he's absolutely sure of them. Knowing Dutch's reputation, that could be a while. If you order Whoopie Hooks this week and the Speed Hooks come out next week, I'm sure you could sell the WH's for close to original value. Heck! I might buy them.
    I lost my tarp suspension on my last campout so while I was replacing that, I decided to go ahead and go for the whoopie hook suspension as well.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Digital Camo GG
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfscott View Post
    I lost my tarp suspension on my last campout so while I was replacing that, I decided to go ahead and go for the whoopie hook suspension as well.
    Nothing wrong with that!
    "Never corner anything meaner than you are...."-Unknown

I'm aware this thread is old but does anybody have any intel regarding if/when the new speed hooks will be released?

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    Phoneix/Burrow 20*
    Suspension
    Figuring that out
    Everyone's turned speed hook 2.0s into a mythical joke and Dutch hasn't said a word about em in months.

I wouldn't count on them ever being released. Besides, there are other great suspensions out there.

Its kinda funny, cause I was hoping dutchware would prove me wrong

Hammock
    WBBB XL custom 1.1 single.
    Tarp
    Cuben HG w/doors
    Insulation
    Exped DownMat
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    It will wear out your amsteel. Also the double hammock whoopsie hooks were not reburred in the outer edges enough to take that kind of compression.
    Amsteel degrades with normal use anyway. It should be periodically replaced just like climbing rope. Any sane climber will retire their rope after 1 - 3 years depending on usage and they start out with a break strength of 4000-5000 pounds. I have to admit that I have been using double hammock whoopie hooks(and SH 1.0) as speed hooks for some time now. I just use 1/8" amsteel and check it very carefully after each use. It shows no sign of fraying but I plan on replacing it soon anyway. Under this scenario I have sort of lost my sense of anticipation for 2.0. But will probably get some if they are released. If for no other reason just to support Dutch.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HangingOut View Post
    Amsteel degrades with normal use anyway. It should be periodically replaced just like climbing rope. Any sane climber will retire their rope after 1 - 3 years depending on usage and they start out with a break strength of 4000-5000 pounds. I have to admit that I have been using double hammock whoopie hooks(and SH 1.0) as speed hooks for some time now. I just use 1/8" amsteel and check it very carefully after each use. It shows no sign of fraying but I plan on replacing it soon anyway. Under this scenario I have sort of lost my sense of anticipation for 2.0. But will probably get some if they are released. If for no other reason just to support Dutch.
    well, for what it's worth, I bought his speed hooks when they came out. I still have a couple sets of them. I got all excited about how simple it was, and after only one night, just one night of hanging, where the hook was, my amsteel was torn up a bit. I used it a couple more nights, and saw my line was getting torn up, fraying all over. I then went back to my ucr's, and didn't even want to use that same line because of how bad a shape it was in.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    well, for what it's worth, I bought his speed hooks when they came out. I still have a couple sets of them. I got all excited about how simple it was, and after only one night, just one night of hanging, where the hook was, my amsteel was torn up a bit. I used it a couple more nights, and saw my line was getting torn up, fraying all over. I then went back to my ucr's, and didn't even want to use that same line because of how bad a shape it was in.
    Same here but i don't even use whoopies anymore and i have a few sets of these left but i use them for other stuff like a pack hanger and on one of my gear slings where there isn't too much weight.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast