Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eno sub 7

Eno sub 7

Has anybody used Enos new ultralight hammock? Impressions?

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    I was able to see it this past weekend. 8'9" long by 36" wide, if I recall correctly. Kind of small, but not bad. They are finally attempting whoopie slings. Terrible splicing job though.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    I was able to see it this past weekend. 8'9" long by 36" wide, if I recall correctly. Kind of small, but not bad. They are finally attempting whoopie slings. Terrible splicing job though.
    For me that would be like sleeping on a G String

Images
    I sure would not try to use one for a camping hammock unless it was for a child but it sounds like a nice day hike seat or place to read for an hour or two.

Hammock
    WBBB sleeping / ENO SN mod UL
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    Static V lte Ins
    Suspension
    Woop E
    Images
    the suspension system will be sold to every eno retailer in about two months. I called eno and asked their support staff about it three hours ago. Its called a Helios suspension system. I dont need to try the sub7 to know that it wont be for overnight or sleeping because of the size... but commercial whoopie slings sounds great. i modded my sn with diy whoopies and it works like a charm. my advice, forget the sub 7 and focus on the suspension system... unless you are going ultralight and need a alternative to a camp chair or a good nights sleep is worth sacrificing 6-8 ounces. You could use a Klymit Inertia X-Lite Camping Mattress 6.1oz with sub7 helios and a cuben fiber tarp 6-8oz or so, zpacks sleeping bag at something like 18oz... aka 2.5lb total sleep system. im no gram weeny but a sub 3 pond sleep system is bonkers

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by prussik View Post
    ...im no gram weeny but a sub 3 pond sleep system is bonkers
    Three and a quarter pounds can get me down to 30F easily with my Bonefire hammock, suspension, 30F TQ, and Cuben hex tarp.

Sub three pounds is very doable for a smaller individual, depending on the season.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    Static V lte Ins
    Suspension
    Woop E
    Images
    If i had the money i would without a doubt get your hammock and a cuben tarp. The point i was making when i posted that, in an eno section, is that to make the eno sub7 work for hammock camping you would sacrifice comfort, and sorry ENO but your gear is not designed well for camping. I really dont see any eno products that are designed for hammock camping actually(maybe their UQ quilt because it is the cheapest UQ i have really seen, but the shape is limiting) . The thing I am just psyched about though is a brick and mortar store will now have whoopie slings on a shelf. Making locked eye Brummels is fun but i made over 20-30 in the last couple of weeks and i cant drink coffee very effectively when im doing it. Just wanted to say for UL hammock camping you really did some awesome stuff with your hammock. I love love love the integrated insulation and bug net and total weight and speed that your hammock sets up. If i had 450 for your hammock i would buy it in one minute flat to add to my fleet. Again, the integrated insulation really is genius.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by prussik View Post
    If i had the money i would without a doubt get your hammock and a cuben tarp. The point i was making when i posted that, in an eno section, is that to make the eno sub7 work for hammock camping you would sacrifice comfort, and sorry ENO but your gear is not designed well for camping. I really dont see any eno products that are designed for hammock camping actually(maybe their UQ quilt because it is the cheapest UQ i have really seen, but the shape is limiting) . The thing I am just psyched about though is a brick and mortar store will now have whoopie slings on a shelf. Making locked eye Brummels is fun but i made over 20-30 in the last couple of weeks and i cant drink coffee very effectively when im doing it. Just wanted to say for UL hammock camping you really did some awesome stuff with your hammock. I love love love the integrated insulation and bug net and total weight and speed that your hammock sets up. If i had 450 for your hammock i would buy it in one minute flat to add to my fleet. Again, the integrated insulation really is genius.
    Thank you for the compliment. Point taken. I am glad to see that ENO is stepping up its game trying to enter into the UL market and rethinking the need for sticking to their conventional setups. ENOs can certainly be used for camping, as people do, but the serious backpacker and the casual camper are different animals. I encourage ENO to continue their trend to explore new directions.
    Making gear is a ton of fun, but not everyone has the time for it. Making time for coffee while working is likely key.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    Static V lte Ins
    Suspension
    Woop E
    Images
    Fiddling with stuff is fun for me. I equate it to television. Honestly my goal isn't ultralight but rather comfort on trail and camp... and achieving it without crying over a stack of burning money. I have camped in my eno... it was... well.. i bought a warbonnet since. They have come a long way with hammock accessories but still Im waiting for them to make a hammock specifically for camping. The single nest l, double, any sub7 really come off as hammocks intended for naps.

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/UGQ FJ
    Suspension
    Whoopies / Straps
    I sleep overnights in an ENO DN and sleep pretty well in it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast