DIY 11' rip stop nylon
    Tarp
    DIY rip stop
    Insulation
    REI 20* bg
    Suspension
    webbing

I did not need another addiction

Well I can't get any work done, because I seem to keep drifting back to this site. I have really enjoyed this site and all of the kind people that are here. Thank y'all for the post and the information as I continue to research my needs before I dive in. Also it is fueling my desire to be in the woods. I love to camp I just don't make time, my fault, no one to blame but myself.

I have a hunting forum that is my other addiction.

Keep it rolling and I will keep coming back. Thanks again for time well spent. By the way the pictures posted in the gallery are awesome thanks for sharing.

CC

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    I couldn't agree more. This is the most friendly, considerate, and helpful bunch of people I've ever experienced on a forum.

A very nice place to spend your internet time.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    This forum has been more of a gateway drug for me. I stalk it....a lot, but it's also gotten me into other things. I'm back into backpacking again . I'm getting back into kayaking...I'm researching tenkara fishing. Now I just need to win the lottery to pay for it all.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Yep, all I can say is that its been over 8 years and I haven't been fired yet!
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Several homemade.
    Tarp
    Homemade coated ri
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge River
    Suspension
    Heavy duty : )
    Images
    I was thinking the same thing the other day. I don't remember how I stumbled onto this forum in January, but check it several times a day for new and interesting posts (retired). I've been making hammocks and gear since the late 80's and still get out there quite a bit, but this site keeps me wanting more. While I'll still remain old school with ropes (yes real rope), knots (no bling?!?) and standard urythane coate ripstop, I've learned lot's of new tips and tricks. Keep it coming!

Hammock
    yukon outfitters w/ net
    Tarp
    Paha Que double
    Insulation
    50 degree sleeping
    Suspension
    dutch w/ cinch
    yeah lol i know the feeling OP im a pretty active member of a couple computer, jeep, and vaper forums makes doing actual work at work difficult sometimes and ive found myself here reading a ton the last week or so, already got my first hammock and ordered a child one to test out for the kiddos.

tenkara fishing.

had to do a search to see what that was, we have been doing that in the south for generations, just didn't know it had a name of its own. I suddenly feel enlightened,

Hammock
    thunderbird/ridgerunner
    Tarp
    modded superfly
    Insulation
    ugq 20/hg burrow
    Suspension
    cinch bling
    I know the feeling. They should put a warning label on front page of this site. I had no idea I might need to go to gear rehab after discovering this site through Shug's videos. Every time I think I'm done, a new thread pops up with something I have to try. Now if I could just find a way to make this tax deductible I could explain this to my accountant/wife. It's a sound investment is what I keep telling her. This all started with a cheap tarp and some para cord and now it's dutch bling and pole mods. I feel shaky waiting for the ups truck! Thanks for all the knowledge and insight hammock forums. I haven't even started on the diy stuff yet so that will be another 12 step program once I do. my wife asked if I plan on committing some major crime and then escaping to the woods to never be seen again. I might need to or get a second job to pay for all this. She asked the other day why I would be looking at sewing machines, so I got all quiet and walked away. That has to be a good indicator of whats to come. Can I make pants out of hyper d?

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by old creek View Post
    tenkara fishing.

had to do a search to see what that was, we have been doing that in the south for generations, just didn't know it had a name of its own. I suddenly feel enlightened,

Tenkara and Cane Pole are similar but not quite the same. Like How motocross and IndyCar are close to the same sort of thing but not exactly. Tenkara is the Japanese form of flyfishing that uses a very and I mean very light and sensitive rod with an un-weighted fly to fly fish. The rods are so sensitive you can feel the current of the water pulling at the fly and the slightest touch from a fish is beyond anything most fishermen have ever felt.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    image.jpg

Welcome to the club. I like the one where he said packages go to his office so the wifey can't see them.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast