Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammock tools

Business card size deck of cards from Pro-Knot. Bought from Amazon and good as a reminder or to learn new knots and practice.

Typos from my Moto E using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    Sparrow 1.6 HyperD
    Tarp
    HG DCF w/doors 12'
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Poly/Dyneema
    Some of the "tools" I'll bring with me:

* (winter) pee bottle (nobody likes to have to get out of the hammy in the middle of the night, put on boots, etc) - small nalgene, something sturdy - you don't want that breaking on you. ** BONUS - use said pee bottle after the fact as a foot warmer - throw the nalgene in your foot box. Sounds gross, but, as long as you use something rigid like a small nalgene, and it's screwed on nice and tight, you should be ok.

* tyvek trail maps double as a small ground sheet to place your pack, boots, etc.

* one of my favorite pieces of gear is my mesh ridge line caddy. I'll keep my headlamp and other sundries in there.

* Dutch's ridge line quilt hooks are genius (http://dutchwaregear.com/ridgeline-quilt-hooks.html). I have so much control over suspension direction that my quilt stays put all through the night.

* I hike with trekking poles and love to use them to put my tarp into "porch mode" when I know the weather is decent - nice to look out across the forest/mountain if I can.

* tarp snake skins. Since using my first pair years ago through Hennessy, I've never not used them. I switched out from Hennessy's to Wilderness Logics' mesh skins, and now own Hammock Gear's cuben skins. Being able to keep them wrapped inside the skins on clear nights when the forecast is clear is pretty awesome to just watch the night sky through the trees. *** I also keep my tarp stakes in their cuben sack which sits neatly in the aforementioned mesh ridge line caddy for quick deployment in a pinch.
    Hammock Backpackers Community 👇🏻
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/hammockbackpackers

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down top & bottom
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    Images
    An extra bit of thin strong line, like what I use for my tarp ridgeline. I have used to to make my tarp ridgeline longer when the only two useful trees were Very large and Very far apart.
    I've used it to rig my poncho as an extra windbreak addition to my tarp.
    -Liz -

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12