WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ 13' WD w/poles
    Insulation
    20* HG/UGQ Quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar/amsteel

JRB Universal Tarp

I'm really liking this tarp and am looking for some input from people who've owned it.
    I've searched but haven't found many posts about it. I'd also love to see some more pics of the camo color if you have any to share.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ 13' WD w/poles
    Insulation
    20* HG/UGQ Quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar/amsteel
    Bueller?...

Has anyone bought one of these tarps? I'd love a little feedback from owners.

Images
    you can't go wrong with Jacks'.

Hammock
    Draumr, Clark NX270
    Tarp
    Vertex, UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Multiple
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    Images
    Seriously considering this shelter, but I'm concerned about all the seams. Any actual reviews or feedback after some usage from owners?
    Preferring HUGE tracts of land since 1983

Hammock
    DH Sparrow Hyper D XL
    Tarp
    JRB 12x10 Univrsl
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I own two, one for me and one so that whoever goes with me won't get wet (and jealous) and give up on hammocking before they give it a good try. I'm picky, and this tarp will do more than what I will ever ask it to do, pitch in more configurations than I'll ever need. Most of my hammock gear purchases have come with regrets and returned for quick refund...all except those items to the left in my signature.

I have 11' and 12' BIAS hammocks, and the 12 foot ridgeline keeps both of them dry with enough room to spare on each end to lend peace of mind.

Both of mine are camo. No pictures, but they conceal well in a mixed forest, and in flat overcast light almost disappear completely when viewed from a distance in our winter-grey hardwood bottoms. Like most other nylon materials, sunlight WILL reflect off of them when viewed at certain angles and stick out like a neon light, but then they all do that. Coming from an ENO Dry Fly it's like night and day. Don't worry about the seams. My seams have not leaked. Even if they did these guys would do everything in their power to make it right to your satisfaction. Packs quick too in the double-ended bag that comes with it. You will not regret your purchase.

Go big. Get the spring pole (or poles) too. I bought just the one spring pole and have it across the center. Using it makes it cavernous in there in "tent" configuration with the doors closed on the ends.

Commit. Buy it and do not look back. There is so much else for us to consider in this hammock learning experience, but this one is a no-brainer.
    Last edited by Tonykarter; 03-08-2015 at 22:30.
    Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin

Hammock
    Lawson Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    Lawson Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonykarter View Post
    I own two, one for me and one so that whoever goes with me won't get wet (and jealous) and give up on hammocking before they give it a good try. I'm picky, and this tarp will do more than what I will ever ask it to do, pitch in more configurations than I'll ever need. Most of my hammock gear purchases have come with regrets and returned for quick refund...all except those items to the left in my signature.

I have 11' and 12' BIAS hammocks, and the 12 foot ridgeline keeps both of them dry with enough room to spare on each end to lend peace of mind.

Both of mine are camo. No pictures, but they conceal well in a mixed forest, and in flat overcast light almost disappear completely when viewed from a distance in our winter-grey hardwood bottoms. Like most other nylon materials, sunlight WILL reflect off of them when viewed at certain angles and stick out like a neon light, but then they all do that. Coming from an ENO Dry Fly it's like night and day. Don't worry about the seams. My seams have not leaked. Even if they did these guys would do everything in their power to make it right to your satisfaction. Packs quick too in the double-ended bag that comes with it. You will not regret your purchase.

Go big. Get the spring pole (or poles) too. I bought just the one spring pole and have it across the center. Using it makes it cavernous in there in "tent" configuration with the doors closed on the ends.

Commit. Buy it and do not look back. There is so much else for us to consider in this hammock learning experience, but this one is a no-brainer.

Tonykarter,
    I see this post is 2 years old so Im wondering if your feedback on the JRB Universal tarp has changed at all? Any additional feedback?
    If you changed to a different tarp, why and to what?

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ICohen424 View Post
    Tonykarter,
    I see this post is 2 years old so Im wondering if your feedback on the JRB Universal tarp has changed at all? Any additional feedback?
    If you changed to a different tarp, why and to what?
    You may not get an answer from Tony. He has not logged in since 03-08-2017 17:13
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Lawson Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    Lawson Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    You may not get an answer from Tony. He has not logged in since 03-08-2017 17:13
    Oh man! Thanks for letting me know.
    I cant seem to find any first-hand experience with the JRB Universal Tarp.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ICohen424 View Post
    Oh man! Thanks for letting me know.
    I cant seem to find any first-hand experience with the JRB Universal Tarp.
    If it helps, I don't have a JRB tarp but I do have TQ and UQ from the...2 each and I find them to be top shelf. Fast delivery and products are as they describe them. When I did have a shipping issue, the shipper had damaged the item, the Jacks shipped me a new one right away before every receiving my quilt back.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    JacksRBetr 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB 20deg set
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    I have it in brown and I love it. Ask away!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast