dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

supplimenting an under quilt?

Hey guys i have been wondering this for a while if in the hammock and feel like you need to add some foam or reflectics would it be better to add the foam or whatever inside the hammock/sleepingbag or in between the hammock and under quilt? I'm thinking in aide the hammock but I'm not 100% on that.
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Either inside your sleeping bag (might help with keeping the insulation in place), or between sleeping bag and hammock, or between the layers of your hammock. It probably won't work between hammock and underquilt, because most pads are too stiff and create air gaps. If you have an underquilt and a pad - why don't you try? See what works best for you.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    What H said, I'll add that having the pad outside the hammock tends to result in condensation issues. That said, be careful doing that as the down needs to trap your radiated warmth, making the air warm inside the down, adding to its ability to insulate. A pad, as well as too much clothing can result in the UQ not insulating to its potential.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Alright yah that's what I was thinking but always seem to wonder every time I go to add a piece of foam to my boot box off my sleeping bag (I'm an agrees I've sleeper so it had to be in my sleeping bag or it will get thrown and somehow end up 10 feet away buy morning)
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    11' DIY 1.1 w/knotty mod
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Poly
    I was testing out different options of supplementing my UQ last night actually. I found that, as stated above, a pad between the UQ and hammock will create air gaps.(at least ccf does, maybe a thick inflatable would be different) What worked well was a ~4ft. piece of windshield solar reflector from the dollar store. Its so flimsy that it takes on a more fabric like quality and contours well. I would only ever use it in an emergency/discomfort instead of relying on it to boost my temp rating.

• + New Posts