Hammock
    Shell Insulated Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Integrated Down UQ
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Definitely seems way too short. Even at 5'6" I highly doubt I would be comfortable in this. Might be a nice option for women who are on the short side. Less weight for them to back around at least..

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite
    Tarp
    DIY 120 x 80
    Insulation
    JRB UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The Eno Sub7 is small, but it's not too small. It is actually a wee bit larger than my Hennessy Hyperlite.

I fitted out the Sub7 with a whoopie hook suspension from Dutchware. The Sub7, whoopie slings w/hooks, tree huggers, and Dutch clips...total weight 9 oz.

As I said, I own a Hennessy Hyperlite (bottom entry) with a 2QZQ zipper mod. At 5'8" 170, it has always been my go to hammock for all my backpacking excursions. I've never had an issue with comfort in the Hyperlite, so I can't imagine the transition to the Sub7 will be a big departure from the norm, but only time will tell. I did some afternoon "chilling" in it today, but it really needs a field test to give it a proper review.

Hammock
    10' 52'' Bias WWM
    Tarp
    HG CF Camo 4 door
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    DG Whoopie/ Kevlar
    Images
    I will stick with the BIAS Weight Weenie Micro. It is over 2 feet longer 9 inches wider and 1/2 ounce lighter. http://www.buttinasling.com/wewemi.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jowee View Post
    http://gearjunkie.com/best-in-show-o...iler-2015?pg=9

At 6.5oz, the ENO Sub7 Hammock certainly is light. It's also tiny. REI lists the specs at 105" x 47". At well under 9' long, I don't see anyone getting a flat lay in this thing. It's too bad, really. ENO has massive market saturation. I can foresee plenty of people buying this and giving up on hammocks all together because they just don't fit in it. Then again, it would be perfect for someone shorter.

Pre-order available at REI: http://www.rei.com/product/882672/eno-sub7-hammock
    A free people claim their rights, as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Hammock
    10' 52'' Bias WWM
    Tarp
    HG CF Camo 4 door
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    DG Whoopie/ Kevlar
    Images
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    You believe everything you read on the internet? Ha. Actually you type " GT Nano 7" in yahoo and click the first link, you'll see this......

http://www.backpackgeartest.org/revi...erek%20Hansen/

5 oz (142 g) Hammock Only
    7 oz (198 g) Hammock + rope
    15.7 oz (445 g) Hammock + rope + carabiners + webbing
    A free people claim their rights, as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Seems to be lots of doubters here about the length being adequate for comfort. I weigh 225 (well 230 this afternoon despite exercising and dieting) and am 5'8". I've been working to get the weight of my hammock down for backpacking. Using nylon d 1.6 fabric. The dimensions of my hammock fabric is 100"x59.5" (8.3' long) with a fixed ridge-line of about 82". I can confirm it is as comfortable as any of my 10' or 11' hammocks with a diagonal lie.

If you are shorter, it is worth experimenting with shorter hammocks. I created a suspension system that would allow me to easily move it along the fabric to test lengths to confirm comfort. The benefit of a shorter hammock are lighter weight, more coverage with conventional tarps or ability to use shorter (and lighter) tarps, less pack volume, and less material.

Since my ridge-line is only 82", I've found that a 10'x8' tarp provides lots of coverage that was not possible with longer hammocks. I can get 1.5' of coverage beyond each hammock end, and have enough tarp fabric to form doors with a rectangular tarp (by adding side guylines loops about 2 to 2.5 feet from each corner).

Before dismissing the comfort of shorter hammocks, give them a try. You may find that a longer 10' or 11' hammock is not needed.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Its a EGH!

Eno Gear Hammock
    Signature suspended

****, lightweight.

Hammock
    DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Pending
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    My buddy got one a couple of weeks ago. He is probably 6'4" or taller. I tried to tell him about the cottage vendors but he still thinks eno is a NC company. (I know they are,but still made in asia). That being said, I tried the hammock & it's just a little more uncomfortable than their other ones. I don't know how he sleeps in it. I'm going to get him to sleep in my dutch to try & convert him.

Hammock
    Whipper - 10ft NylonD
    Tarp
    DIY DCF w/doors
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Argon 67
    Suspension
    Dyneema Becket
    Images
    I have to agree with pretty much everything bwg said. I picked up the Sub7 a couple months ago primarily because it was light. At the time, I wasn't using it to sleep in for the night, just to hang out in around camp. Since then, I have slept in it a handful of times. Just to be upfront, these were my first experiences with sleeping in a hammock, so I can't really compare it to an 11' beast.

However, I have a 8x10 tarp for ground dwelling, and it works perfect in conjunction with the Sub7. Plenty of coverage on each end, and like bwg said, I can close the whole thing down with doors on each end if I want. I made some dynaglide whoopies, tree straps, and a UCR ASR, and the whole thing comes out right at 8oz.

Personally, I like the material of sub7 way more than the other ENO hammocks (which, as of yet, are the only ones I have tried).

I am in the middle of making my DIY set up, and I plan on making a 9' hammock out of NylonD 1.0 from dutch. I thought about starting out longer, then working my way down to my minimum comfort, but if I already find a 9 footer comfy, why bother?

Hammock
    Thommock
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I need room to move around in a hammock. I just don't see how this could be comfortable.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast