WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    *** For those attending please confirm that you know that we are now camping at the Isabell camp site ***
    Ok, remember that we'll be limited to 35 people so don't sign up and not show. Please list each person in your group separately and what you'll be bringing (you aren't required to join in on the community food to attend)

The easiest way to do lists like this is to reply with quotes to the last one that was done and when your editor opens up delete the quote code (it is a QUOTE with the name of the person you are quoting and a number surrounded by brackets and then a /QUOTE surrounded by brackets) at both ends of the quote. That way it is copied but not quoted (this preserves the formatting) so that the next person can quote it, remove the quote code (to preserve the formatting and make it quotable for the next person) and so on...

Dutch ovens in attendance: olddog (just the aluminum), MAD777 (aluminum), Tuck. Will the MAD777 DO be used for biscuits in the morning? if so then we'll need another one if possible

1. Me - peppers, onions, and hot sauce for both breakfasts
    2. Bla1ze 3 dozen eggs
    3. Club 708 - 3 dozen eggs
    4. olddog-DO for 2 Cheezy Bacon Grits and 2 cobblers
    5. craigc - 2-1lb packages of Sasuage.
    6. sandykayak - bacon pieces and grated cheese (for oldog), dish washing stuff, mineral oil, my large lightweight, nonstick (was used at FHV) frying pan with wooden utensil.
    7. lilricky - 2-1lb packages(tubes) of sausage for MM's
    8. Tuck - I got a new DO from Christmas. I'm working on picking out some recipes.
    9. Moonshiner- 2 dozen eggs, 2 bags hash browns
    10. MAD777 -- for sure, for sure! I have a LOT of catching up to do this year! Whoo-buddy! I'll be bringing Aztec Chicken Stew and making biscuits! (Do we need some gravy? )
    11. emcee - Hmmm....Grave's Isl overflow I lost track of what was needed maybe bacon wrapped dates?
    12. Great White
    13. MR3T - 4 packages shredded cheese
    14. hangNyak - 2 packages of hash browns
    15. zukiguy: Isabel, check!! I'll bring a grate for the fireplace and whatever else I can think of to share.
    16. Shannan I guess since patches was added that means Shannan is confirmed?
    17. JimJ - 2 bags good large charcoal, jem's homemade salsa jem's salsa will be coming but jem won't?
    18. subwayjim 2 lbs sauage 2 packages bacon, I can bring a 12 qt. D.O. we might need to wait to see if we need another one... plus the trip is much farther in and you can't kayak it any more
    19. Patches
    20. MoonBear
    21. open
    22. open
    23. open
    24. open
    25. open
    26. open
    27. open
    28. open
    29. open
    30. open
    31. open
    32. open
    33. open
    34. open
    35. open
    Folks that I think/hope might be coming but not sure: flahanger, gone native & gameboy, team Lifescout, Gumberrr (they said they weren't sure they could make it when I talked to them at FHV), FLRider, Vanguard
    Last edited by samsara; 02-01-2015 at 19:00.
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    It sucks being taken off a list! It sucks that it may be a long while since I will see lil'ricky!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Wait... did I take you off before you were 100% sure you can't come? I don't need to take you off of the list if there is still a chance that you might come

Quote Originally Posted by richtorfla View Post
    It sucks being taken off a list! It sucks that it may be a long while since I will see lil'ricky!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    Wait... did I take you off before you were 100% sure you can't come? I don't need to take you off of the list if there is still a chance that you might come
    No, You did right. I was just complaining that I will miss this! I'd rather be hanging with y'all than taking Ikea beds apart and putting it back together. I need to visit Isabelle one day though before it gets too hot!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richtorfla View Post
    No, You did right. I was just complaining that I will miss this! I'd rather be hanging with y'all than taking Ikea beds apart and putting it back together. I need to visit Isabelle one day though before it gets too hot!
    I'm sure we'll do our circuit hike again in April. Maybe you could try your best to prognosticate a weekend that would be favorable to you and we can see if that will work. Isabell is probably my favorite because it has most of the benefits of creekside, is used a lot less, and is farther from the boats/airboats so it is quieter and more peaceful (in general).

Fun story... yesterday I'm in my office catching up on emails and my plant ecologist comes in. She's on the phone with someone (our staff assistant was off so phone answering is "whoever picks it up first... aka the sucker") and doesn't know the answer so she comes in and starts asking a confused question that I'm pretty sure she didn't even know what she was asking. So I said "put them on hold and I'll handle it" (which is generally what happens for anything out of the ordinary anyway). I pick it up, start talking, and it was j-e-m! Thank goodness for j-e-m... she's a true gem for our group! She was asking about access to the end of Tram road and parking at that point. I hadn't even thought of that! What a great idea! I wish I thought of it but as long as someone did then we are good.

Ok, so here goes... driving to and parking at the end of Tram road will get you very close to the site (I'm guessing less than a mile and maybe less than 3/4 of a mile). I will double check to see how many cars I think we can park out there but my guess is that I'll be comfortable with 6. This will help us with our parking issues and will definitely help the beast of burden types out there. There is a catch though, for those wanting to drive/park out there, and here it is:
    • Nobody (even those parking near Lake Godwin or other places) is allowed to block ANY service roads since we need to be able to get fire equipment and/or law enforcement out there at any time. Remember that, to us, a service road is really anything big enough to get an atv down so if it looks like you can ride an atv on it then don't block it. If you are parking on both sides of a road then make sure that you leave 10-12 feet of space to allow a big truck with a bulldozer on it to safely drive between.
    • It will require each person to get their own individual special use permit to park out there. The permit is free but you will still need to pay the normal entrance fee of $2/person/night
    • You will need to provide (to me) your name, contact information, and vehicle information (make/model/color/license plate #)
    • I want you to call our FWC law enforcement officer and let him know when you are going through the combination gate to access the property and drive/park on Tram road (just so he knows why a vehicle might be out there)
    • We need to make sure that the people that need this option most have first dibs on it

Unless he can talk me out of it I might require lilricky to take this option... we don't want to kill him on his last hang with us
    Maybe sandykayak too? It will make your trip very short and we could even hike out from the campsite in about 20 minutes to meet you (just don't count on cell phone service to arrange meetings out there... it will probably work but isn't a guarantee).

I will probably put some signs up for parking and where to start hiking to get to the camp site from the parking.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    YESSSS!!! Gosh, I love JEM. This does sound like a good option for me. I'm still at my place in Okeechobee. Heading back to Miami today. Since I'm retired (sorry about rubbing it in ) my days are flexible.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Sounds good Dave, I'll send you my info via PM, anyway of identifying this spot on a map?

Quote Originally Posted by lilricky View Post
    Sounds good Dave, I'll send you my info via PM, anyway of identifying this spot on a map?
    Here's the map we found: it shows Isabell along with all the parking places along Tram Road, Lake Godwin Road, School Bus Road, and Old Avon Park Road. The pink "Wally Piety Trail" is the FL Orange Trail, and the purple "Spur Trail" is the FL Blue Trail. -jimj

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images

The yellow lines are public roads. You can see Tram road coming off of SR 64 at the bottom of the map. There is a spot where the hiking trail (in green... where the heck did this map come from? it looks like the early versions of the new map for the brochure ) overlaps the road but the road is still there... trust me. As you head on the road NW you will see where it takes a sharp bend due north and ends. Where it ends is where I'm talking about having people park. You have literally walked across that portion of the Tram before on our first trip out to Isabelle when we took the access road with the water bars (big bumps in the road) that goes south of Lake Godwin. Looking at this map I would say that it might be 1/2 mile to the camp site from the parking. You can bring the kitchen sink and we could probably hump it out there

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    So, can those of us who don't want/need to park at the end of the tram road still get access to drop off gear then shuttle back out? I don't mind the walk but if I can cut off a good portion of the "sherpa" part I'm OK with that

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast