GT SBP
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    woopie slings

SBP spreader mod

I purchased one of the Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Pro hammocks when they were on sale for 39.99 last weekend. What a great hammock for 40 bucks!

Today I set up the SBP in the backyard to test it out and see about setting up a ridgeline mod. I have not been a ridgeline user in other hammocks, so I was a little unsure this was the route I wanted to go. I used some Atlas straps for set-up today, because the USPS is holding hostage my Dutchware order of whoopies, loops and tree straps... Anyway, the hammock comes ready to hang, just on the heavy side for suspension.

Once in the hammock I could understand all the comments about "a ton of netting." Not a bad thing, there is just a lot of netting to get moved up out of your face. I was mainly concerned with how I could accomplish this with my tarp in place. I used the two pieces of shock cord that came supplied with the hammock to tie off below my tarp and run through the attach netting eyelets. However, I wasn't able to spread the net as the tabs were designed, due to the tarp. Here's my solution: two old archery arrows with nocks on both ends. Works like a charm! Lightweight and cut to 20" tip to tip so they fit in my pack or even within my Z-lite pad nicely. Best of all, I don't have to mess with a ridgeline.

Here are some pics... One arrow is 25" in the pic, but I ended up cutting it down to 20" also. You could easily clothes pen any saggy netting to the arrow if you wanted, but this does pretty good opening up the inside. I added a couple short loops of the shock cord to the tabs, this helps keep the arrow from sliding up or down the long shock cord runs.

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    I like your idea. My wife uses a SBP. I installed a ridgeline on it through the netting. I have another one I've never taken out of the bag I picked up cheap. I think I will try your idea on it.

Hammock
    GT SBP
    Tarp
    ENO Housefly
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    woopie slings
    This would work fine with the ridgeline mod too I believe. Just run the arrows between the loops to open this up a little more. I imagine some folks don't mind the netting being closer in, just seems a little nicer for me to have it out of the way.

Hammock
    Grand Trunks Double
    Tarp
    Grand Trunks Funky
    Insulation
    None yet
    Suspension
    Biners/ENO Atlas
    That's really imaginative and looks like it works really well! Thanks for sharing.

Hammock
    clark tx 270
    Tarp
    hennessy hex 10x12
    Insulation
    E E enigma 20
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    I like that, i sewed two more loops in the center between the existing one's and that works pretty well.

Hammock
    Left Handed WBBB, SB Pro
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Images
    Very nice, I like that. My buddy scar face has been working on an idea like that, I'll have to show him this. And as he is a bow hunter I know he has the hardware.
    My ego said, SURE you can.
    Half way in my body said OH NO YOU CAN'T

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

My YouTube

• + New Posts