Hammock
    Hammeck Netty 11', 1.6 SL Hexon
    Tarp
    11' UGQ Hanger
    Insulation
    LL habanero 20
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    We are noobs. Are we supposed to be laying in the hammock like the op is? She looks like she is laying almost at 90 degrees and her feet look to be way above her head.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Namtrag View Post
    We are noobs. Are we supposed to be laying in the hammock like the op is? She looks like she is laying almost at 90 degrees and her feet look to be way above her head.
    I think that's just an illusion of the photo and my placement taking the picture. You want your shoulder at one pullout, and your feet just past the other. The angle will not quite be 45 degrees. Hope that helps!
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Paul View Post
    Ah, that is what I was hoping. And you are right, the dark olive does look good with that camo.
    This is what I have coming. It does look sharp don't it. I thought I would outgrow the excitement of waiting for new toys, but I haven't.
    I thought I was wrong once, turns out I was wrong about that.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy S
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 0Burrow/Incubtr
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Awesome. Will you post some pics when you get it? And maybe compare it to your BB?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordzilla View Post
    This is what I have coming. It does look sharp don't it. I thought I would outgrow the excitement of waiting for new toys, but I haven't.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images
    Yes I will. It is just coming over the border into Canada now. I don't know for sure but I hope it will be here by Christmas as I have a trip I'm taking just after boxing day. A paddle and hammock trip, and it would be a great first time out for the envy-s.
    I thought I was wrong once, turns out I was wrong about that.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Just mentioned the Envy-S in a thread about socks and it reminded me to mention something about the zipper. I think you can get it the way you want it but when I got mine, the standard options were zippers close at the hammock head end or in the middle of one side. My issue was that I can't reach the end of the gathered end and when they close in the middle, I have to unzip two zippers to get out. If possible moving the "two zipper close" from the center to up towards the head will allow you to reach the zipper and only need to unzip one in order to exit the hammock. You might ask about that when you order.

The Peek-a-Boo is a great feature. When I hang outside, at the house, a neighbor sometimes leaves a ceiling light on that shines out his widow, nearly right into my eyes. So I can adjust the Peek-a-Boo to block that and still have plenty of ventilation. With other hammocks I could do that with a sock - but in the summer I might also have to consider a bug net.

The Envy-S is a complete package.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 02-18-2016 at 03:39.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Just got back from the Frosty Butt Hang at Merchants Mill Pond and Meckie had a bunch of EnvyS for us to check out. I have been using an EnvyS for close to year now and have found it to be the most comfortable hammock I own. I have been trying to get The Terminator to get one but I thing she is afraid she might like it more than her Ridge Runner.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Just mentioned the Envy-S in a thread about socks and it reminded me to mention something about the zipper. I think you can get it the way you want it but when I got mine, the standard options were zippers close at the hammock head end or in the middle of one side. My issue was that I can't reach the end of the gathered end and when they close in the middle, I have to unzip two zippers to get out. If possible moving the "two zipper close" from the center to up towards the head will allow you to reach the zipper and only need to unzip one in order to exit the hammock. You might ask about that when you order.

The Peek-a-Boo is a great feature. When I hang outside, at the house, a neighbor sometimes leaves a ceiling light on that shines out his widow, nearly right into my eyes. So I can adjust the Peek-a-Boo to block that and still have plenty of ventilation. With other hammocks I could do that with a sock - but in the summer I might also have to consider a bug net.

The Envy-S is a complete package.
    Believe it or not, our new zipper design was inspired in part by this very suggestions, which you made to us in an email. The only difference is that now, instead of the two zippers coming together, we flipped one of them, so the tops of each zipper meets the bottom of the other. This allows the user to enter/exit from either side, and also reach out from both sides to adjust a quilt. Additionally, the zipper on one of the sides is much closer to your shoulder, making it a bit easier to locate in the dark.

Thank you very much for your suggestion! While we didn't implemen it as presented to us, it very much inspired the design that we settled on.

Thank you also for your review of the Peekaboo!
    Last edited by meckelangelo; 02-24-2016 at 15:43.
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Brilliant! To borrow a phrase - you are making America great again

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234