Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    A hint I was given on a boa constrictor of a sleeping bag was to turn it inside out. The idea was that the outer shell was a little tighter for water resistance. So turning it inside out would allow the air the squish out easier. Note that this was a -40 degree bag so there was a lot of loft to compress. For a hammock, my guess is you will eventually move to a double ended bag. Then you can attach one end and put the other end of of the bag to the other tree. Note that the double ended bag stays on the hammock so it doesn't blow away like a stuff sack can. I'd like to try snake skins on my tarp but so far it tends to bunch up too much and I end up with too much bulk in the middle. I'm sure I need to "prep" the tarp first with a few folds over the ridge line. Then I can squeeze down the length as I pull the skins on.

It sounds like some people are putting their tarp in skins, then putting the skins in a stuff sack. Isn't that double jeopardy or something?

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Oh, great thread, I am having a great laugh.

What I have found.

- Stuffing is great for some things. Trial and error.

- Rolling or Folding sometimes makes a smaller neater package.

- When you pack your gear you want it to come out easily when you next set up camp, I hate stuff to come out in a pile, I put it away carefully if I am going to use it the next night. If I am going home I am not so picky because it will come out to be cleaned and to be sure it is dry.

-It is a CONSPIRACY against those of us who want to put our gear back just the way it was from the mfg. Against those with OCD probably fall into that group. When I was growing up being neat and tidy and all gear neat and tidy was in, no more, stuff it together and go.

-A engineer somewhere along the mfg. process spent time figuring out just how to fold things to get them into a container. Most of us do not have the skill or interest in getting something back into a tiny container.

Personally I take it as a challenge (most of the time, I do own a lazy slug, that I put everything into when it is raining). I read a thread on putting the HH Supper Shelter back into its original packaging. Well a couple of our members figured it out. I spent a lot of time getting my SS back in the HH packaging. Really too much work, easier to stuff it into a larger container and a lot easier on the gear.

Hammock
    Grand Trunks Double
    Tarp
    Grand Trunks Funky
    Insulation
    None yet
    Suspension
    Biners/ENO Atlas
    Hahaha. I may have a little of that there OCD.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12