DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Images
    They say it's suitable for use in temperatures down to -5C and I trust them. Of course, if the underblanket is mounted in the right way and you are a "normal" sleeper
    YTRMV (Your temperature range may vary)
    Omnia vincit lectulus pensilis.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC - DL
    Tarp
    CG 15'x10'
    Insulation
    DD UnderBlanket
    Suspension
    straps, cinch bckl
    Images
    Loving mine!!

dd underblanket.jpg

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    Loving mine!!

dd underblanket.jpg
    How does it fit with your blackbird foot box? That is my hesitation on getting one, the oval cut and how it wraps the foot box.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CG 15'x10'
    Insulation
    DD UnderBlanket
    Suspension
    straps, cinch bckl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AUBuilderman View Post
    How does it fit with your blackbird foot box? That is my hesitation on getting one, the oval cut and how it wraps the foot box.
    I just hang it on a diagonal and it covers my footbox well. I had to have my wife lay in my hammock so that I could setup the underquilt properly and label it head and foot so that it's the same every time.
    I also routed the strap that ties back the netting through the loop on the underquilt so that it doesn't slide around and move from under my right side.
    I'm going to sew on another loop on the head side to hold it in place under my head as well.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Thanks. Also I noticed in your photo that your net tie out appears to be attached to your tarp. Is this just when you are not closing the net, or do you do this for your normal set up? I just thought it was interesting and may try it on my next hang. I also question if the tie out of the shelf is really needed most of the time. I only have about 7 or 8 nights in my WBBB, so I am still tweaking my setup. I do love how comfortable it is, and that is with half my hangs using a pad and poncho liner UQ. My DIY UQ is really only sufficient for temps 55-60 and above, I don't really even trust it for that yet.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CG 15'x10'
    Insulation
    DD UnderBlanket
    Suspension
    straps, cinch bckl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AUBuilderman View Post
    Thanks. Also I noticed in your photo that your net tie out appears to be attached to your tarp. Is this just when you are not closing the net, or do you do this for your normal set up? I just thought it was interesting and may try it on my next hang. I also question if the tie out of the shelf is really needed most of the time. I only have about 7 or 8 nights in my WBBB, so I am still tweaking my setup. I do love how comfortable it is, and that is with half my hangs using a pad and poncho liner UQ. My DIY UQ is really only sufficient for temps 55-60 and above, I don't really even trust it for that yet.
    Oh, that setup was only to be used when the tarp isn't down and closed off.
    Normally I tie the pull-out to the nearest tree or stake it down to the ground.

Is this underquilt the equalivalent to the sugpak underblanket? I am a bit confused as i though tbese were the same but maybe this one is rated lower?

Hammock
    HH Exped Asym Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh_on View Post
    Just a follow-up...ordered it on the 19th, and it arrived today...which is pretty much 2.5 business days from the time I ordered it to when it got to my house. That's pretty amazing all on it's own. To answer my own question above, it arrived and I had to pay no duty or tax on it over and above what I paid for shipping from the UK. Awesome stuff! Looking forward to getting to test it out on a hammock.
    Hey - sorry to resurrect this thread. Just wondering how you have found the DD underblanket after a year or so. What hammock do you use with it? How does it hold up to the temperature range indicated on the website in Ontario weather?

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234