Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by unktscha View Post
    I myself have the predecessor from snugpak which is lovely and aaaawwwwful. Now I'm surprised about the small pack and I'm wondering how it will work on our next trip.
    I'm curious: why would you say it's aaaawwwwful? I have the old version too (from Snugpak), and although I haven't used it in really cold weather for enough time to say for sure, I've been pretty impressed.

My coldest experience with it was a strange one. It was about 20F when I had to give up and go inside, but not because I was too cold. At the time I was suffering from a nasty allergic reaction which gave me hives all over, and I thought a hang out in the cold would do me good. I think there was just too much fabric in contact with me and it drove me nuts with itching. I was by no means cold though. To tell the truth I was a bit disappointed at the time because I actually wanted to be cold to stop the itching! So I would say the UQ kept me a bit too warm!
    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Has anyone gotten the DD underblanket shipped to Canada? I'm considering it and wondered what kind of import fees I'm going to get dinged for.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Well I went ahead and ordered one today (now that they've gotten them back in stock) so I'll be able to answer my own question soon.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Just a follow-up...ordered it on the 19th, and it arrived today...which is pretty much 2.5 business days from the time I ordered it to when it got to my house. That's pretty amazing all on it's own. To answer my own question above, it arrived and I had to pay no duty or tax on it over and above what I paid for shipping from the UK. Awesome stuff! Looking forward to getting to test it out on a hammock.

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    going to be redoing my shock cord material mine has totally gone flat not a bad thing but going to change the way its done a bit
    mine is up 24/7 as my main sleeping hammock and goes camping when we go for our youngest

just seems the cord material did not last to long so something to think about down the road maybe depending on how much its used

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by ckmaui View Post
    just seems the cord material did not last to long so something to think about down the road maybe depending on how much its used
    Good to know...I'll keep an eye on mine as I use it this coming year.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh_on View Post
    Just a follow-up... To answer my own question above, it arrived and I had to pay no duty or tax on it over and above what I paid for shipping from the UK.
    Just got a bill in the mail from FEDEX for $21.24 for tax and duty. A little less than I had initially thought it might be so not too bad I guess. That's the first time I've gotten a bill so long after getting some goods like that...it's usually come with it.

So there ya have it...posting it for future reference for some Canuck in the future who might want something from the UK

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    DD Hammocks 3mX3m
    Insulation
    DD Hammocks UQ
    I ordered two last Friday. They were delivered yesterday (t0 the US from England). I have not yet had the chance to try it out, but it looks great and exactly what I wanted. Great company!

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    I switched out the shock cord from both the UB and the Superlight net. The thickness seemed more adequate for kayak rigging and overkill for these items. I tried weighing them to satisfy the gram weenies but got totally frustrated: three digital scales all gave different weights! The average seemed to be about half.

Sorry, I don't even know the diameter of the shockcords either. BUT this photo shows the difference in bulk

image.jpg

Hammock
    11' Dutch Xenon W 1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    KAQ 4S T/B
    Suspension
    MultiBuckle
    Posted these in another thread and figured they could go here as well. Aside from the suspension (I prefer the suspension on my Potomac) I have zero complaints on the Underblanket and Top Quilt. I actually like the Top Quilt more than my Owyhee. I've only had the UB in the back yard down to the mid-40s, and it was comfortable.

DD1.jpg

DD2.jpg

DD3.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast