Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Many thanks to all the folks that jumped in to help in the kitchen and all the clean up in the bathrooms and lodge. Also those that helped unload the firewood and took their time to help others.

My deepest thanks goes to Gumbo and Timberrr. You have been there since I went to my first HF group hang at FH2. Your generosity extended to my wife, Blueskycat, by giving her your Chrysalis bridge hammock. She loves it very much, cover and all.
    Lilricky and olddog, you both have let me hang with you on many other group hangs and have always been there to help me when I needed it. Your devotion to helping others is evident by how many others follow you both.
    HangNyak and Zukiguy, you both have been great hang partners as well and are great to talk to and thanks, Ron, for your parking duties. The parking lot was wonderful and top notch.
    Roughneck and Heather, Hotlips and Kingsford. 2 families that just keep on giving nonstop. It was a pleasure to meet all of you and work together.

A special thanks to J-e-m for your help in the kitchen. It was wonderful to see you take charge and control the lodge with Gumbo. Meals were a sensational hit and you both got everyone involved working together like it was an everyday thing.

With special events like FLRider's bike camping class, and Sunday Morning services from Timberrr, I had a special time at this hang. Guitarman also did a great job for Sunday services and Saturday evening meal with his music. There were so many other things I wanted to do and missed, but, I know others were blown away with the organization of each different event.

RichtorFLa, it was an honor to be with you each morning to get the day started with the cooking and I look forward to it every year. I'm always learning something from you. Even at 2am helping me move my hammock when we have to be up by 5:30am to get started, it was a blast.

And 3 folks I want to thank from my family. Black wolf, you loaned your Cuben tarp to my wife and she was blown away with it. You almost lost it.
    C+1 and LifeScout, you both shared guy lines and UQ so my son can have his first overnighter in a hammock and it was a success.

There were so many others that shared a little bit of their time with me and I thank you all. Too many new faces and names to mention and quite frankly to remember all, but, next year, you will all be that "family" I hope to see again.

I had a blast like always, but, this year was special with the new venue. Paul and Missy and Papa and mama Smurf, you both were wonderful to talk to and see your products. I know what I want now. The many vendors were wonderful and I hope to have more time next year to visit all of you.

Beautiful days and glorious sunsets will stay in my memories. I can't wait to see how next year will go. This seems to always be a yearly family reunion and it's always hard to leave.

More pics to come...soon, I hope.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Big Man Bridge by V_Allen
    Tarp
    DIY by Boston
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberrr View Post
    What an incredible experience!!

How did we do it? Easy. FHV was such a tremendous success because of the great heart of our HF community. Our community has a passion for our environment and even more so for each other. Whenever something needed doing, even the more unglamorous tasks, there was no shortage of volunteers who stepped up. THANK YOU to each of you! Sunny's_Trike, TrikerTom, hankNyak, FGreen32 & Tina, Gone Native, Mac n' Cheese, Old Dog, FloridaRider, C+1, Vanguard, FloridaHanger, J-E-M & JimJ, Roughneck1 & Heather, Guitarman, Hotlips & Kingsford, Muskrat, DQ, BugBait, Patches, DiverJim, Sandra Friend, Sparkfly & Aaron and of course - my heroes: lilricky, itsandy & richtorfla and every one of you who took a picture, served in the kitchen and/or picked up a broom, mop or dish brush so cheerfully and helpfully. My gratitude for each of you is boundless!

To refer to the following folks as "vendors" or even as "our vendors" doesn't begin to describe the nature of our relationship. They are our friends and an integral part of our community. They are, of course, in business and we are an important part of their business. So if you're in the market for their types of products, please give them a chance to earn your business. They certainly deserve it. I'm told that 85% of success is just showing up. Well these guys not only showed up, they supported us in a big way!! THANK YOU!!! Our hope is that each of you had a successful trip as well as a great time and are eager to return.
    Paul & MissyLou (Underground Quilts), PapaSmurf & MamaSmurf (Dream Hammocks), Mom & Pop Meck (Hammecks), Alex (Sheltowee), Dutch (Dutchware), New2Trees(Batchstovesz), Samauri Joe & Matt (ZPacks), StormCrow (Hammock Gear), itsandy (Florida Kayak School)

Our numbers aren't finished yet because some charges haven't cleared yet. But here are some numbers we have at this point:
    9 Vendors
    230 Participants
    6700 dollars raised
    4700 dollars expenses
    5000+ dollars in raffle prizes
    2000 dollars donations to go out
    28* Low temperature at FH1 & FHV
    14-19 January 2016 Next year's date

Finally... The Florida Hangs started with about 50 people in 2011. Since then, it has grown/morphed/evolved into something different. The Florida Hang has been great each year and it's difficult to imagine how it can improve. So in deference to those who started all this years ago, and to everyone who has put their heart into it since, we are closing the books on Florida Hangs. There will be no more "Florida Hangs."
    January 2016 will see the inaugural First Hammock Hanging Convention, to be known as HHangConI. You're invited. Hope you can be part of this great thing.
    where can i sign up

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    Jaxhiker - where are all the pics?!
    They're coming. For now, how about all of our top tier winners?

Sorry, Shannan.

Last edited by JaxHiker; 01-23-2015 at 19:42.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG down/DIY
    Suspension
    Various
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post

Sorry, Shannan.

Haha. Don't worry Jax. That's his natural look at these hangs, especially after a few sips from his Snow Peak mug!
    RON

A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at? ~ Ronald Reagan

Visit my Youtube channel- Florida Wild

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    So....the question is now.....when can I sign up for the 2016 Florida Hang ?
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBB 1.1 double
    Tarp
    Mack Cat Deluxe
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    That was a natural pic

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    We have a couple of pictures that we need to upload yet. Those of you who haven't gotten yours up or don't know how to get them up send a PM to sparkfly88 to arrange to get them to him at least so they can be in the video.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    So....the question is now.....when can I sign up for the 2016 Florida Hang ?

After I catch my breath... in August.
    HangCon Sign Up:

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    Heh, I have a picture of the guilty party too!
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast