Hammock
    DIY Double Layer or Single Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Help, need wholesale ripstop in bulk soon!

Hey Guys,
    I'm now teaching at a school in kenya and trying to share the love of hammocking and hammock building with my students here. I placed an order with Magna Fabrics in early december and the order was canceled immediately. I ordered again some other material and didn't hear back until today that my order was refunded. So I'm in a bind. I've already gotten all the other materials out here but the fabric and I have a lot of eager students wanting to make hammocks this term. My friends that are flying the material out to us from Michigan need the material by Monday morning the 19th in order for it to make the flight as luggage. Basically, we have two pieces of luggage worth of material (each piece needs to be 50lbs or less to avoid extra fees) that they can bring out for us. I was trying to order around 300 yards from magna for $300, which supposedly met the weight requirements. I'm not tied to that specific amount of material. Basically we are trying to get as much ripstop as we can fit in two pieces of luggage or rolls as two pieces of luggage meeting the weight requirements and staying close to Magna prices. So if anyone has a connection to getting wholesale ripstop please let me know. Also, I would prefer normal colors vs. military camo material because they tend not to appreciate anyone having camo in country other than military personel. Thanks for your help,
    Michael
    Last edited by The.Naturalist; 01-12-2015 at 16:26.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY silpoly 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY down TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    You can contact ripstopbytheroll.com and see if they can help you out. Kyle was pretty darn fast on the order I placed on Saturday. I did a change to it this morning, and he still had it in the mail this evening.

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer or Single Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks Monkeyboy42. I'll check with Kyle. If anyone has any other connections let me know in case Kyle doesn't have what I need.

You might also check with Joanns Fabrics, hancock fabrics. I know they are not usually considered as wholesalers', but they are known for discounting. HLFL.

Hammock
    DIY Hyper D 1.1 gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Kyle @ RipStopByTheRoll.com could probably help you out. Great product and great service.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    http://questoutfitters.com/Contact%20Page.htm
    http://www.rockywoods.com/

As a backup- both companies stock/sell roll widths.

JoAnn- I have used their ripstop nylon in hammocks- it's roughly 1.9 oz uncoated/uncalendered. Comes in lots of colors and they may be able to send you full bolts as these would pack better for you than 60" rolls might.

http://www.joann.com/rip-stop-nylon/xprd560961.html

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Michael,
    Have you considered local sources for fabric? When I was teaching in Uganda there was Jinja cotton, and I got wonderful soft fabrics in Mombasa - the kikois worn by men along the coast (sort of like hikers' kilts). I'm not sure, but cotton might be just as good as nylon in a hot climate. Of course, if your school is on the slopes of Mt. Kenya that's a different climate entirely.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by The.Naturalist View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I'm now teaching at a school in kenya and trying to share the love of hammocking and hammock building with my students here. I placed an order with Magna Fabrics in early december and the order was canceled immediately. I ordered again some other material and didn't hear back until today that my order was refunded. So I'm in a bind. I've already gotten all the other materials out here but the fabric and I have a lot of eager students wanting to make hammocks this term. My friends that are flying the material out to us from Michigan need the material by Monday morning the 19th in order for it to make the flight as luggage. Basically, we have two pieces of luggage worth of material (each piece needs to be 50lbs or less to avoid extra fees) that they can bring out for us. I was trying to order around 300 yards from magna for $300, which supposedly met the weight requirements. I'm not tied to that specific amount of material. Basically we are trying to get as much ripstop as we can fit in two pieces of luggage or rolls as two pieces of luggage meeting the weight requirements and staying close to Magna prices. So if anyone has a connection to getting wholesale ripstop please let me know. Also, I would prefer normal colors vs. military camo material because they tend not to appreciate anyone having camo in country other than military personel. Thanks for your help,
    Michael
    Michael
    Thank you for the post. Thankfully I am back with our normal offers on ripstop fabric. Last year I was quite ill and needed to close for several months. I have changed the business model and we do offer "normal" colors in ripstops in addition to the military stocks.
    I do apologize that we were unable to fill any orders during that time but it is understandable in light of what happened,
    Larry

I was out of commission for a while due to heart surgery and now I am thankfully better. I am back and the website is back and you can view the assortment and prices there.

• + New Posts