Hammock
    hh Explorer Ultralite Asym Classic
    Insulation
    diy UQ,

working on getting into the swing of things

so i am not sure if this is in the right place but here goes. so i recently(October) picked up a couple HH's for my sister and i from a friend and only got out once before it got a bit chilly up here but i loved it. so now my dilemma is i have a new GF that is going to joining me on probably all of my trips and we kinda like to snuggle. so the easy option is go back to the tent but that does not seem like to much fun. now that being said i am hesitant to drop a bunch of coin on a fancy double without knowing if i like swinging with the two of us. So i have a bit of a plan(might not be a good one who knows thats what you guys are here for) i am thinking about picking up a light travel double so we can try sleeping in it ether in the house or in nice weather and if we like it i would make it a DIY project to convert it to a proper camping rig. i have been looking for a good project to build some gear so it should be fun. so on a quick search i have found

exped travel duo 41 dollars and a pretty modest 13 oz

eno double delux 84 bucks and a bit more with but also a significant amount of weight more 1 lb 13 oz

grande trunk double parachute 65 bucks and a better weight of 1 lb 4 oz

not that is just what i found quick and there are probably tons of other ones out there i am really amazed at the size of the grass roots hammock stuff out there looks like a really cool culture

i picked up some stuff from dutch for my HH's for suspension so i can ether multi purpose it for more then one hammock or shelf the HH stuff for my self for now as i don't know how much use its going to get

thanks in advance for your help i am pretty stoked to have found this site

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    "Hammock for two" is by and large just marketing for people who know nothing about hammocks. In practice, it's pure misery as you both descend to the lowest point in the hammock. Every comfort advantage of hammocks over ground sleeping just disappears when you put two in a hammock. Hammocks are fine for snuggling but not for two people sleeping.

About the only true two-person hammock on the market is the Clark Vertex, but it has two independent hammock beds - so much for snuggling. It also costs a small fortune ($679).

http://www.junglehammock.com/product...weathershield/

You might want to check out Dutch's Double Hammock Whoopie Hooks - a much more sensible and comfortable approach. You still won't be able to snuggle in this configuration, but there's some degree of intimacy since you're hanging next to each other.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...light=spreader
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Argon/HyperD
    Tarp
    Hex Silnylon
    Insulation
    Argon + Down
    Suspension
    DutchBling Woopie
    Like SilvrSurfr said, sleeping together in a "double" hammock is not an option. Snugging, yes. Sleeping together, no.

99% hammocks are solo systems, where each person has their own setup to sleep in.

If you're looking for a cheap "double" hammock, wait for Woot to update their Yukon Outfitters hammock sale. Their double hammock is $20.

• + New Posts