Towns End - Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    WB - Superfly
    Insulation
    HG - Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

My Nighthawk arrived today!

After what seems like an eternity, my custom Nighthawk from Dream Hammock arrived today! Let me tell you, I could not be any more satisfied with this hammock.

I decided a month ago that it was time to retire the ENO DN and get a hammock truly dedicated to hammock camping. After doing my research, I decided to order from Mr. Randy at Dream Hammock. I liked the ability to build a hammock totally custom to my camping style, as well as the use of the Hyper D fabric. The Hyper D fabric is totally as advertised. It is soft to the touch and not "plastic'y"(I just invented that BTW) like so much of the other ripstop nylons. It is also a very cool fabric. I am a hot sleeper and after laying in the hammock for an hour today it was still as cool as the other side of the pilliow (RIP Stuart Scott). The last thing to note is the unbelievable strength of the fabric. I am a big dude, weighing around 275 depending on what I had for lunch. There was virtually no stretch whatsoever after climbing in. I had to hang my ENO 10 feet off the ground and pole vault into it to keep my backside from dragging the dirt.

Mr. Randy does unbelievable work and his customer service is second to none. After shooting him an email before I offically placed my order, I asked Randy to call me as I had a few questions. He was extremely patient as I berrated him with question after question to make sure I was getting the set-up that was right for me. I got a totally custom hammock, tailored exactly to my specifications in less than 3 weeks. How's that for customer service?!?

Here are a few pictures from today. Mind you, we had some 30 MPH gusts in Savannah today, but I was not going to let that affect a quick test run. Thanks Mr. Randy!

Look at that room!
    Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me. Gen 27:3

Hammock
    Clarke NX 250's/WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Vert/HG CF3/S Fly
    Insulation
    HG/JRB/Z liner
    Suspension
    Dutch
    A great looking hammock.
    I think a dream hammock may be my next purchase.
    Why did you go nighthawk instead of the thunderbird? Both look like good fits for me.
    Finally- did you go double layer and what thickness of material did you purchase?

Hammock
    Towns End - Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    WB - Superfly
    Insulation
    HG - Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by signguy View Post
    A great looking hammock.
    I think a dream hammock may be my next purchase.
    Why did you go nighthawk instead of the thunderbird? Both look like good fits for me.
    Finally- did you go double layer and what thickness of material did you purchase?
    After speaking with Mr. Randy I decided that it was more practical for me to have the bug net and over cover always attracted (Nighthawk). It is super easy to just reach down and grab the bug net zipper or over cover zipper and they are up in seconds. Im not an ultra lite backpacker so the little bit of added weight was no big deal for me. Same reason I guess I decided on the double layer of 1.6 HyperD. The single layer would have held me with no problem, but I liked the look of the blaze orange inside. First rule of Hammocking is you gotta look good doing it!
    Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me. Gen 27:3

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cuben W/Doors
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    stock straps
    Nice set up. I agree that Randy and his wife are great people, I enjoyed meeting them last year at a fall hang.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird DL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Reflectix
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Awesome your new set up.
    Is it hang time yet?

• + New Posts