Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    I used the shock cord supplied with the hammock.

from the picture I would not think it was to tight. when I got mine I knew nothing of hammock camping so like most folks now a days I went to the I-net, somewhere I read or saw to stretch it tight, so id did. so tight that you could have put a level on it and when I climbed in it rolled around me like a cigar wrapper, I woke up with shoulder pain and a lesson well learned but no damage to the hammock.

creek
    Last edited by old creek; 01-14-2015 at 10:46. Reason: spelling

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    When you guys get into you SBP, do you make sure the zippers are unzipped all the way, or does it matter? When I got into this one there may have been 5-6" zipped on either end.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro
    I'll unzip my head all the way but may zip my foot 5-6" like you. (Makes it easier to reach the foot zipper with it being zipped a touch.) Made sure that I wasn't putting any unnecessary tension on that area when I started doing that.

Over the past couple of days I've gotten into mine quite a few times, adjusting and tweaking my internal ridgeline here and there. Zero problems with uneven stress points or other concerns in the area where yours failed, even with my foot zipped a few inches when I get in.

So your newest one seems to be working out for you? Good deal. Perhaps it was just a manufacturer's defect with your first one.

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by ganu76 View Post
    I'll unzip my head all the way but may zip my foot 5-6" like you. (Makes it easier to reach the foot zipper with it being zipped a touch.) Made sure that I wasn't putting any unnecessary tension on that area when I started doing that.

Over the past couple of days I've gotten into mine quite a few times, adjusting and tweaking my internal ridgeline here and there. Zero problems with uneven stress points or other concerns in the area where yours failed, even with my foot zipped a few inches when I get in.

So your newest one seems to be working out for you? Good deal. Perhaps it was just a manufacturer's defect with your first one.
    I haven't received it yet...should be here in a few days.

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    Just a quick update, I did get a response from the Marketing Director at Grand Trunk apologizing for the problem and offered to make it right if Amazon did not. I know that contacting them through Facebook doesn't count as an official complaint, so I am glad they took the time to respond the way they did.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chum! View Post
    I haven't received it yet...should be here in a few days.
    Ahhh... I see. It took the "got into this one" as in the new one had arrived.

Good deal in the reply from SB. I'm waiting on it to warm up a bit so I can take mine back to the woods. (No under quilt yet.)

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    I'm thinking about picking up a KAQ Jarbidge River*3-season UQ from ArrowHead for mine when I get paid next month. One thing I've picked up reading through the wealth of information here on the forum is how important an UQ is...even for a Coastal Georgia boy like me. Then I'll be searching for a good tarp.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12