Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel Speed Hook
    Images

Custom Fabric Labels (tags)

So I have been bitten by the DIY bug quite hard. I wanted to make some custom tags to put on my projects to add a nice final touch. After doing a bit of research it seemed this would not be economically feasible to do on a small scale. That is until i stumbled across Spoonflower.

Spoonflower allows the user to upload an image which they will turn into fabric. There are several options for how your image will be oriented on the fabric as well as what type of fabric you want.

After a couple minutes in paint I had an image I was somewhat happy with. I uploaded the pic to spoonflower and in seconds I could see what the fabric would look like. I ended up ordering two samples. Each had the same image, but the second was just a reduced size of the image to see how the resolution would turn out using a smaller image. Each 8x8 sample costed me $5. I ended up using the larger for my labels as the resolution wasn't great on the smaller text.

I read a tip (after I had placed my order of course) that if you rotate your image so it is displayed (and printed) on a 45 degree angle, this will reduce the fraying of the edged of the label once it's cut out. I used a soldering iron to cut the tags out so fraying shouldn't be an issue.

I went with the Eco canvas for my fabric choice. I am very happy with how it turned out.

https://www.hammockforums.net/galler...che=1420565188

https://www.hammockforums.net/galler...che=1420569453

https://www.hammockforums.net/galler...333254_ios.jpg

Last edited by iamjoshwilson; 01-06-2015 at 15:42.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas Edison

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    Link to the site is no good. Is it printed or embroidered? Looks cool.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel Speed Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolranch View Post
    Link to the site is no good. Is it printed or embroidered? Looks cool.
    Link fixed. Thanks for the heads up. It's printed. Not sure how well it will hold up. Time will tell.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas Edison

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I like how you think. I did the same thing over a year ago. I had some made from a place I found here.... https://www.etsy.com/shop/ikaprint. Great prices and I now label all my DIY gear to make it easy to ID.

Img does not do it justice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel Speed Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    I like how you think. I did the same thing over a year ago. I had some made from a place I found here.... https://www.etsy.com/shop/ikaprint. Great prices and I now label all my DIY gear to make it easy to ID.
    I like the name!!! I was just on the ole Nuesiok Trail this past weekend.... not knowing it was the annual Nuesiok Trail Run, my dog and I got quite a surprise when twenty some odd people came running by at 6 AM!!!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I wanted to be out there this past weekend hiking but was laid out for the weekend with some bug. Plan to be out there tomorrow night as it suppose to be good and cold ( for this area ).

RacENC Neusiok Trail Race was Jan 4..... 85 participants ran the 22 mile Neusiok trail up to three times in one day. The winning time for the longest (100k) run was 11.5 hours.

My oldest son lives in Greenville and his apartment is across the street from one of my favorite BBQ places....B's BBQ

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel Speed Hook
    Images
    I can taste that bbq now!!! I'm not too far from there. If he camps bring him to the frosty butt hang!!

you must live close to the neusiok... like close enough to provide a shuttle (i'll pay) every once and awhile?

Hammock
    Jacks R Better BMBH
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    TriGlide and strap
    That is a great find! I've been making fleece beanies at the cyclic rate and I've really wanted to try to figure out a way to put tags in them.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    If he camps.....
    He use to when he was little but he doesn't anymore.

you must live close to the neusiok... like close enough to provide a shuttle (i'll pay) every once and awhile?
    20 minute drive to the trail and I do provide shuttle service with enough advance notice and if I can not make it I know some other folks who do ( we all request a donation to help cover gas ). I recommend parking your vehicle at the finish point and get get a ride to the start. I usually recommend parking at the Oyster Point Trail Head and start at Pine Cliffs. As the trail tends to be on the muddy side, if you are hiking south you get the really muddy sections towards the end of the hike.

Hammock
    Diy argon Gathered end
    Tarp
    Cheap poly
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    That's really cool just got in toDIY id love to stick a tag on them to keep track of them !!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast