Hennessey Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    3S Potomac
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    I tied a ridgeline under my Superfly from split ring to split ring for small items to hang on like my eno led lights, sunglasses, socks, etc
    that is a brilliant idea! I am doing this the next time I set up my superfly.

Quote Originally Posted by atrane21 View Post
    I hang mine from the same tree straps as my hammock then tie a line to one of my tarp stakes to pull the gear hammock to the side. Then it's like having a small shelf, easily accessible when laying in the hammock.
    That sounds like an awsome idea. If only I had the double zipper mod on my Hennessy. I'm going to play around with it to try and make it work the next time I have it all set up.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by atrane21 View Post
    I hang mine from the same tree straps as my hammock then tie a line to one of my tarp stakes to pull the gear hammock to the side. Then it's like having a small shelf, easily accessible when laying in the hammock.
    Is see what you're saying. That sounds great!

I found the shelf in the WBBB to be as handy as a shirt pocket, everything I needed in the night was right there, hung my headlamp and watch from the ridge line for handy access in the night. Left everything else on a tarp under the hammock. Got a big storm and the fly kept the pack and everything under the hammock dry.

Images
    Along the same lines as Atrain I use my UQP as a gear hammock so I can use my hammock as my camping chair.

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HGIncubator/UGQ FJ
    Suspension
    Whoopies / Straps
    I store everything in my pack, and hang it with an s biner from my head end tree strap. Keeps it off the ground and away from ground critters.

Public campground (near car)- I put it in the car. Public or private campground winter- I hang it from the nearest tree with the packed covered. Private not winter- I hang it like my food (and covered) but 50-70 ft away. Most of the time people pack in with food and the smell could confuse animals (bears) and the extra distance helps me sleep at night.

First post. Limited hammock camping. Usually with my troop because I am a scoutmaster.

Lots of good tips in here. I usually just lay it under the hammock.

Hammock
    Bearded Hanger 11'
    Tarp
    Monster Tarp
    Insulation
    HG TQ/LocoLibre UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade Whoopies
    This isn't really hammock related as much as it is camping related, but 23 years ago I was packing from the bottom of Kings Canyon in the California Sierras up over the rim. I met a guy on the way down the trail as I was going up and he had one hiking boot on. The other foot had three pairs of socks. He had spent the night on the ground and a marmot had drug his boot off. I had heard about this happening but never talked to someone who had actually experienced it. Since then I have always hung my boots somewhere. When in the desert I try to keep everything off of the ground at night because of scorpions and such. I also carry "camp" shoes of some kind. Now days my shoes or boots hang from my suspension.

ipokebadgers

Got an idea. I have an old external frame pack but I am sure internal frame could be used also. Everyone keeps talking about bridge hammocks but hate the added pole weight. Put the pack in the hammock sideways near the head or feet. It could be easily be used to take the place of one of the poles.

063.jpg

I put my stuff right underneath me overnight. I often hung pretty low to the ground so I could feel my handlebars against my butt if I swayed. That security was nice sometimes. But since I'm almost always camping in the woods I don't expect anyone to notice I'm there, so I don't think much about theft.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast