Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Tarp
    Confirmation about what the shock cord with the mitten hook on the inside of the hammock is for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRa2-tm1ICg

Yeah, I think I read it somewhere before I got the hammock, so probably at their site.

OK. I'm no expert, but I have spent a few nights in a Hennessy. It's listed as an asymmetrical hammock. I think this means the bug net is cut asymmetrically. I believe the hammock body is symmetrical (I might be wrong). My comments relate to the zip models. If you lay in the hammock with the zipper on your right and your feet right, that puts your head away from the zipper. If you lay with the zipper on your left and your feet right, that puts your head close to the zipper. In either case, you are lying along the same line (just in different directions). Therefore, the bug net should have the same spacing. If you lie in the other axis line, the zipper will be closer. Again, just my opinion and random thoughts of a hillbilly.

No, the asym is about the tie-outs. On one side it's at knee level and on the other side it's between elbow and shoulder height.
    Scroll down to What does "asym" mean here.
    https://hennessyhammock.com/pages/fr...-questions-faq
    That's why I think the tie-outs are what this is about. That you should lie diagonally from tie-out to tie-out. Maybe that gives you the flattest lie or something.

Totally inexperienced as I am, I still wonder...

There may be an advantage of lying between tie-outs, but I really don't see where the zip comes into it. As I see it two of four possible positions should be equal.

I like mysteries. Will be fun to test all positions for myself. Soon, I hope.

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    I don't think it really matters as long as you find what's comfy for you. I use carabiners to hang my hammocks and always use a red one on the head end. Redhead...get it?
    Debi

Got it!

Quote Originally Posted by ColKlink View Post
    Confirmation about what the shock cord with the mitten hook on the inside of the hammock is for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRa2-tm1ICg
    I have been using the hh for 15 years, never knew what it was for!

I've never used my HH but I knew.

Thing is, before buying I asked Hennessy support if I could get rid of the net in case I didn't need it and a nice lady explained to me how it works, including the sling.

Hammock
    HH EDCZ
    Tarp
    HEX
    Suspension
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKlink View Post
    Learning something new everyday! I've been using the shock cord to attach it to one of the zippers so I can zip up without having to reach for it while zipping the other closer zipper. There you go, two uses! :-)

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast