Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    DH Thunderbird 1.0/1.1
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Wink Problem with my Thunderbird!!!!

This past year I gave in and ordered a new Thunderbird. It's a Dbl 1.0/1.1. Everything seemed fine at first but the more I use it the worse my problem seems to be getting. I've tried it on several camping trips and I don't really want to give up on it yet but something has got to give. I decided to try it again last night, I hung on my front porch. Weather was perfect, raining and in the 40's. This time the problem was worse than ever

I keep oversleeping..........I'm a natural early riser, always up before 6:00 a.m. but when I sleep in this thing I can't wake up. Sometimes sleeping until 9:00. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, I go to sleep early and still sleep past my normal time by sometimes 3 hours. I've got to figure this out before it ruins me, I've got stuff to get done during the day and can not be sleeping in like this. I'm out of ideas and don't know how to solve this. I put all the blame on the Smurfs for this. Maybe if you didn't make them so **** comfortable this wouldn't keep happening. Oh well until I can figure out what I'm doing wrong I guess I'll run back out and get it my Thunderbird, at least I'll be rested up for work tomorrow.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Renegade; Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Undecided
    I haven't purchased my first hammock yet but I have already found so much valuable information from all of the great members on this forum that have saved me from making terrible purchase decisions. I'm very grateful for your willingness to share your experiences with this default with this product so that I can make a better informed decision...

...Thunderbird, you're next on my list!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have had the same experience with my thunderbird. First day i got it, i hung it in side to tweak the suspension, and woke up 4 hours later. Took it on it's first trip and night one had to be woken by one of my fellow hangers...much later than usual. I love mine so much i ordered a 2nd one about 2 weeks ago.
    List of Splicing Guides
    Come to the Dark Side...We have cookies.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Quote Originally Posted by RubiconJK View Post
    This past year I gave in and ordered a new Thunderbird. It's a Dbl 1.0/1.1. Everything seemed fine at first but the more I use it the worse my problem seems to be getting. I've tried it on several camping trips and I don't really want to give up on it yet but something has got to give. I decided to try it again last night, I hung on my front porch. Weather was perfect, raining and in the 40's. This time the problem was worse than ever

I keep oversleeping..........I'm a natural early riser, always up before 6:00 a.m. but when I sleep in this thing I can't wake up. Sometimes sleeping until 9:00. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, I go to sleep early and still sleep past my normal time by sometimes 3 hours. I've got to figure this out before it ruins me, I've got stuff to get done during the day and can not be sleeping in like this. I'm out of ideas and don't know how to solve this. I put all the blame on the Smurfs for this. Maybe if you didn't make them so **** comfortable this wouldn't keep happening. Oh well until I can figure out what I'm doing wrong I guess I'll run back out and get it my Thunderbird, at least I'll be rested up for work tomorrow.
    WOW...You scared me there for a minute, with your title. Glad you're liking your ThunderBird Sweet Dreams

Hammock
    multicam T-bird
    Tarp
    camo cuben hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*; Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch; whoop
    I know the problem. There is suppose to be a warning label about this, the Smurfs must have forgot to sew one on yours. Send it back, they'll be glad to fix the "problem". Or you could go to ground...

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird 1.0/1.1
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoEvo View Post
    I know the problem. There is suppose to be a warning label about this, the Smurfs must have forgot to sew one on yours. Send it back, they'll be glad to fix the "problem". Or you could go to ground...
    I don't see me ever going back to the ground. I do think a warning label would have been nice though.

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird, Hennessey exped assi
    Tarp
    IntegralDesigns
    Insulation
    UQ Incubator +Phx
    Suspension
    Whoopie, web
    Hey I have the same problem....i have heard The Smurfs saturate the fabric with chloroform

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by yukon alvin View Post
    Hey I have the same problem....i have heard The Smurfs saturate the fabric with chloroform
    Naw, it's Dream Catcher material. It makes for getting out of camp on time a problem. I've heard their talking of prohibiting it on Thru Hikes (like the AT & the PCT), as it puts people into the winter months too far!

Hammock
    DH RG 11' - Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    WL OMW or Tadpole
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow20
    Suspension
    Whoopies/kevlar
    Images
    They must have also used it on my Roaming Gnome as I am also suffering this malady!

Ordered a t brid last year just used it one time so far. I did dot get up til 10 must be a common problem.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast