Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clark nx250 questions

Hello fellow hangers I was wondering about the nx-250 I currently have a eno doublenest with a thermarest pad and military sleeping bag I am pretty happy with the system but think the clark may better suit my needs I live in my hammock at times because I simply love it especially during hunting season where temps have been below zero my questions are one will my thermarest pad fit nicely? Second I like to pull my hammock tight as I can little sag so I sleep flatter with the canopy on the nx is this possible or will it stress the zippers? Anyone have one used for sale? Happy hanging and thanks.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    It will not pull tight. The zippers will not function. Your pad will work OK, but being single layer will not stay in place. It works great with an under quilt, but I'd stay away from their z liners. The weather shield is awesome too.

If you're looking for a hammock with similar features that can be hung tightly without stressing the zippers try the dd hammocks modular jungle hammock. I have one and their also pretty awesome and a lot cheaper

I do also own a Clark 250 so I do know what I'm talking about.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Suspension
    Biners/Pythons
    Images
    Proper sag is key with the NX-250, or the zippers will indeed be stressed. That said, I find the lay to be surprisingly and comfortably flat, even preferring as I do to sleep on my side. Insofar as the pad, not especially comfortable, but workable. It slides a bit as I expect it would in most hammocks. Otherwise, stuffing the pockets below does afford insulation, but I'd surely not count on stuffed pockets alone to zero. I'm a cold sleeper. I've added a 20 degree overfilled full length UQ, and am very happy with the NX-250 four seasons.
    Last edited by Pax Hammockus; 01-18-2014 at 16:03. Reason: clarify
    Sine ira et studio.

Hammock
    Dream hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Nub'a
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The zippers area sticking point with the 250. It has to be in this perfect position, not to tight and not to loose. I never put a pad in mine but I think it would work. There is not a lot of room inside a 250. once your in, your in. On that note though. If you have broad shoulders, you might want to stear clear. With the I notability to lay at an angle and the narrowness of the hammock, I was never comfortable in my nx-250. I keep it around mostly for people that want to try hammock camping. There are a lot of cool bells and whistles in it, but once I did A week in a dream hammock thunderbird, I put the 250 in the closet.
    The thunderbird has a weather shield and a bug net. They also can be completely taken off so you can shed some wight in diferant seasons.

P.s. If you do go with the 250, check a totorial on modifying the spreader bars. The ones that come with are a freaking nightmare. A super important piece slipped off when I was setting up one night and I never found it. I slept that night with the hammock in my mouth.

Hammock
    DH NightHawk and Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 20 UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie and Python
    Oh man if i were to read the above posters feedback it sure would make me think twice. Problem is i have my own Nx-250 and love it. Your pad will fit nicely in the 250. I have used my big agnes pad in mine w good success.
    If you can afford a Clark then get one as you will not regret it. When I was doing my research i noticed one thing quickly. People don't sell them. You can't find them on eBay for example. There are no issues w the spreader bars in fact the they are shipping a slightly redesigned set now.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    OP should read further in this forum on Clarks. And elsewhere on sag angle. Flat comes with adequate sag empty, which gets transformed to flat with the body loading the hmmm with a diagonal lay. Zippers have nothing to do with not stringing your gathered end hmmk taut. Your shoulders will be squeezed, rounded, and your body will be more like a banana in a tight fabric skin if you reduce sag.

RE: Lost parts and consequences. Switch head and foot end rods. 2 or none work fine at the foot end. The suggestion to install short lengths of cord or light sock cord to pull the hood gently toward the hammock ends has been made several times in this forum. Inexpensive, easy,and useful.

IMO, hoods over hammock ends are so useful I don,t know why more hmmks don,t have them. Cover and hide gear, and keep rain out using a tiny fraction of the fabric required in a longer tarp.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 01-19-2014 at 14:28.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Insulation
    JRB MT Wash4 & ORM
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    No need for a tight hang, the Clark allows a flat side sleeper like my comfort when layimg on a diagonal.

When hanging the hammock I find if the zippers are able to close as closly as possible without stressing the mesh then I'll have a nice flat lay.

Hammock
    Wbbb, BMBH, Clark nx270, wbrr,
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammockgear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    BB webbing, python
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigerot View Post
    The zippers area sticking point with the 250. It has to be in this perfect position, not to tight and not to loose. I never put a pad in mine but I think it would work. There is not a lot of room inside a 250. once your in, your in. On that note though. If you have broad shoulders, you might want to stear clear. With the I notability to lay at an angle and the narrowness of the hammock, I was never comfortable in my nx-250. I keep it around mostly for people that want to try hammock camping. There are a lot of cool bells and whistles in it, but once I did A week in a dream hammock thunderbird, I put the 250 in the closet.
    The thunderbird has a weather shield and a bug net. They also can be completely taken off so you can shed some wight in diferant seasons.

P.s. If you do go with the 250, check a totorial on modifying the spreader bars. The ones that come with are a freaking nightmare. A super important piece slipped off when I was setting up one night and I never found it. I slept that night with the hammock in my mouth.
    If you just lose one piece, it would be better to not use the pole on the foot end. Then you wouldn't have the hammock in your face.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    We also have Clark NX-250's. I use a Big Agnes Encampment bag with the built in sleeve for the pad, and it works great for me. My GF uses a Thermarest pad with just a 15° top quilt. We both have the NEW 1pc Z-liners, they are made with CLIMASHIELD HL insulation, and velcro all the way around the hammock for a very nice fit. As said above, for best results these hammocks need to be hung correctly. But it's easy after you've done it a few times. You will never get a truly flat lay, but side sleeping is no problem. Good luck finding one used, and BTW Clark is having a sale right now 15% off.

I wanted to ask about buying the NX250? I got mine in July and absolutely love it. But I have to sleep with pillows under my knees so they don't have pressure. Let me know how you like that. Thank you

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast