Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    Pad and blankets
    Suspension
    Straps
    OldManDan here...
    New around here. Amusing thread.
    50 yrs ago while Deer Hunting, much was made of Peeing near your Deer Stand. I learned we could reactivate a little used Deer scrape by Peeing in the scrape.
    Deer would then return to Pee there.
    (FWIW... A wide mouth jar works best.)
    Nope... nothing to do with Peeing in or near your hang.

Hammock
    To many
    Tarp
    To many
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 + oth
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Images
    Been hanging for about 15 year. 67 now. A year or so after starting hanging I started having to go 6-8 Times a night. I kept getting worse. Bought a regular travel p jug. Turned out I had cancer. Fought it for 5 year & 7 operations continuing to hang quite a bit & using my jug. It was down to about every 30 minutes. Never spilt a drop & no I don't sell any gear. A little over 2 year ago the took my bladder & fix me with a urostomy. I wear a bag for my p. It has a drain & quick connect on it. At night I hook up to a large bag which I hang on my chair beside my hammock. Had to go to a RR for the low sides to aide in gravity assist. The chair also holds my c-pap & battery. I never have to get up & p & have a great nights sleep.
    It's simple. You do what you need to do to enjoy yourself. I don't see as it being gross as all mammals have to do it one way or another. I do not hike but travel all over the country on motorcycle. To anyone that's it's gross you have followed this thread. Why. It is entertaining though. The lady's are more than likely reading & thanking, pansy.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    If dealing with the liquid is inconvenient, there are pee bags you can buy that contain a power that gels up to solid when wet. Nothing to pour out or spill. Restop 1 is one brand (they have a Restop II that serves a more complicated duty). Amazon has several other less expensive similar products. I’m pretty sure they can be used more than once, depending upon volume.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I think the large Gatorade bottle is the trucker's friend. It works well in a tent or hammock.

Hammock
    HH 4Season Explorer Zip XL
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    It's not so much the cold but the mosquitos that are hanging around just waiting for an invitation inside on a humid summer night. And the full assault while you're peeing. You climb back in and some of these vermin will get in. Then you gotta go on the attack. That's something that requires a degree of alertness that doesn't lend itself to falling back to sleep quickly.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    AussieShep, There was a time when people bought a netless hammock and added a fully enclosed, zipper-opening, bug net. With those, you could sit on the edge of your hammock, perhaps even stand, and still be protected. I have a bunch of them as I moved to hammocks with built-in nets or use the HUG net for "just in case" situations (everything that doesn't require fill covering). But If I were in mosquito territory - like Alaska where you need to carry a pint of blood so you can refill - I'd have a separate net so I could dress or do what else needed doing while standing beside my hammock, inside the protective net.

I tried the pee bottle once. Tried to do things right - used a different shape container from my water bottle, practiced at home, etc.. Except when I practiced at home, it was in the bathroom (fully standing up) with the light on. The practical test was at base camp on Mt. Adams. I was in a solo tent so there was no standing up. And for some reason, I had a small flashlight instead of a headlamp. So I had two hands, three things to hold, and though the small light provided some illumination, it was mostly dark. Did I mention it was really, really, cold. I got the job done, but "real world" experience is not the same as standing in a warm bathroom with the light on.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    The ground is my pee jar

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456