Hammock
    HikingDad Ninja
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12'
    Insulation
    DIY P. TACO
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Wow guys, you were the one's clicking on this thread. IMHO I find myself needing to go much more often on the trail than at home. I drink so much more when I'm on the trail resulting in more *ahem...*
    But honestly, do you not dry clean or wash used gear? If not maybe you should.
    I thought that HF is a very open place to share lots of things. Being a woman, I have found a very great way to "go" whilst in the woods without having 30 mosquito bites on my bum. (Not go mention going during the FBH when it's unbelievably cold. But I must say that I am a bit jealous of those with the capabilities of using a gatorade bottle! LOL!
    Anywho, I don't find a reason why these types of threads should be banned. It's an honest question, hammock related, and is being kept as "classy" as to be expected when talking of such things. As always, if you feel uncomfortable, don't read anymore "golden shower" posts. Have a great hang guys!!

Hammock
    DIY Bic bridge, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    While some may be taking notes on where people pee, taking note of people who are so uptight they can't even tolerate a mature discussion may be worth the effort. Seriously, somebody that has a problem doesn't have to read the thread.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    As long as the tenor is mature the topic is very relevant. Some of the complex issues include whether a full bladder keeps a sleeper warmer (the science suggests no). To the safety aspect of lost heat when leaving and reentering. To whether the angle of hang effects the frequency of urinating. Then there is the access to accessories such as Pee Bags sold at Dutchware. While many may be uncomfortable, for individuals with legitimate continence issues the HF is an excellent place for mature dialogue.

For me this is what led me to a different winter hammock (Snipe) owing to easier entrance and exit when nature calls.

There are also some like me who mark territory to deter wolves and other animals.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Here is the link to Dutch Pee Bags. http://dutchwaregear.com/pee-bags.html
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images

Pee jar?

As long as the demeanor stays calm, this is still a relevent conversation to add needed help to others that may or may not want to try this out. I'm on the side of "not in my hammock - just in case of accident" camp. That said, others are not me and that's a good thing.

Keep it civil and lets discuss how and why to do it or not to do it. Then everyone can decide on their own with more knowledge then they started.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Hennessay,Nicaraguan
    ahhhhh, I feel better now. thought for a moment there i was gonna be voted out of the hammock!

But thanks for the valid (on my Q) answers, appreciate it. I definitely rather go behind the tree like most? but I can see a bunch of factors where 'the rare time' (hopefully) an opportunity to quiet the bladder down just for a few more hours would be awesome! mostly for me, its just the combination of the HH bottom entry, very foggy (and damaged) brain makes it a difficult get out time. maybe there was / is alternative ways making it easier.
    I'd seriously have to practice first though! lol Wouldn't want to find out in the moment that factors previously mentioned were even more difficult? 'Chris, your getting warmer. warmer'
    'It was meant to happen?'

Its how you use what just happened to make the best of everything that follows. - me, I just said that.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 30 UQ and 40 TQ
    Suspension
    Custom Whoopies
    Personally, I don't pee ina my hammock, tent, or wetsuit when diving (my other hobby). However, as a fellow new hanger, it seems like a totally legit question and conversation...
    Just an out of shape middle aged guy who loves doing outdoor things with his great kids...

www.hikerspantry.weebly.com

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    So far I like the tube idea. That being said, I always get up . More often then I like to. "And no that is not a spreader bar"

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Every time
    Quote Originally Posted by VineyGirl View Post
    Wow guys, you were the one's clicking on this thread. IMHO I find myself needing to go much more often on the trail than at home. I drink so much more when I'm on the trail resulting in more *ahem...*
    But honestly, do you not dry clean or wash used gear? If not maybe you should.
    I thought that HF is a very open place to share lots of things. Being a woman, I have found a very great way to "go" whilst in the woods without having 30 mosquito bites on my bum. (Not go mention going during the FBH when it's unbelievably cold. But I must say that I am a bit jealous of those with the capabilities of using a gatorade bottle! LOL!
    Anywho, I don't find a reason why these types of threads should be banned. It's an honest question, hammock related, and is being kept as "classy" as to be expected when talking of such things. As always, if you feel uncomfortable, don't read anymore "golden shower" posts. Have a great hang guys!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjoman View Post
    While some may be taking notes on where people pee, taking note of people who are so uptight they can't even tolerate a mature discussion may be worth the effort. Seriously, somebody that has a problem doesn't have to read the thread.
    Vineygirl and Banjoman-

Looking forward to hanging with you guys. I like your positivity and your attitude.

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    I propose a forum-wide ban on pee talk. Do tent campers talk about having to pee in tents?
    I concur, the title of this thread implies a fetish. I don't consider myself as prudish, but this just isn't the place ..
    "The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast