Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big signatures

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMarkos View Post
    snip...

Mods, you can't please everyone. And don't try. Signatures have been a non-issue. You've gotten maybe a handful of pissers/moaners.
    Hi SirMarko, You don't know that.
    I definitely think some have taken the sig line way over the top with 7 lines in a huge font and that has cause
    the mod team to look at the situation.

It's your forum, pick a policy, and stick to your guns.
    I think that is what we are trying to do as gently as possible. But like you said
    we have just as many whiners wanting the big sigs.

So the announcement was us picking a side.

Hammock
    DIY 12' PolyD
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10 silArgon
    Insulation
    HG 0º UQ / 20º TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Images
    Fair enough.
    Black Raven Survival YouTube Page

Gear Reviews, DIY Tutorials, Trip Reports, Homesteading, Survivalism, Bushcraft, Firearms, Prepping, Hiking, Camping

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Greylock 3 Hudson
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Ok removed signature. I hope this helps someone

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I whittled mine down.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I had a link to last year's Mt Rogers Winter Hang sign up sheet. Don't think I need that anymore. I feel lighter.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Hi SirMarko, You don't know that.
    I definitely think some have taken the sig line way over the top with 7 lines in a huge font and that has cause
    the mod team to look at the situation.

I think that is what we are trying to do as gently as possible. But like you said
    we have just as many whiners wanting the big sigs.

So the announcement was us picking a side.
    Whiners?

Not exactly the way I'd try to defuse a situation.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    FWIW,

I'd venture to guess that a certain percentage of those complaining about sigs are doing so based on content, not size or number. I haven't done any research, but there are more than a few people here who use Bible verses in their sigs, and I know there are people who would like to see that kind of thing go away. There are others who are unhappy with the content of blogs that may be linked to, and they don't want other people to go to them.

I do hope the mods are able to discern who is making a legitimate complaint based on need, and those of folks who's only real wish is to shut somebody up with whom they disagree.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by octothorpesarus View Post
    We've received an increasing number of complaints about the growing number of signatures that are long and use excessive size. As explained to me the former is a major issue for the visually impaired using screen readers. Others feel excessive signatures clutter the forum and hinder readability.

I'm respectfully asking anyone with a large/long signature to scale it down.

Thanks for understanding,
    -Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    FWIW,

I'd venture to guess that a certain percentage of those complaining about sigs are doing so based on content, not size or number. I haven't done any research, but there are more than a few people here who use Bible verses in their sigs, and I know there are people who would like to see that kind of thing go away. There are others who are unhappy with the content of blogs that may be linked to, and they don't want other people to go to them.

I do hope the mods are able to discern who is making a legitimate complaint based on need, and those of folks who's only real wish is to shut somebody up with whom they disagree.
    The topic at hand is long and excessively sized signatures in relation to visually impaired people, not the content of the signatures. While I personally feel that the same HF TOS rules that apply to political, religious, firearm-related and military appreciation posts should also be applied to signatures, I don't feel so strongly about it that I contact the mods and ask them to do something about it. The mods know what causes problems and apparently, the content of signatures doesn't generate enough controversy for them to crack down on it.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    I'm glad I use tapatalk.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG 20 Inc/Burrow
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    FWIW,

^^^ This.

If religious proclamations or political opinions (for instance) are off-limits in posts due to being inflammatory, why should they be tolerated in a sig? I can see how people might have a legitimate beef about that, as it doesn't match the spirit of the TOS. Less do I understand a beef about a link in a sig that gets you to those opinions. It's the Internet after all, and you're never more than a click or two away from the armpit or anus.

Personally, I like seeing a sig that gives me insight into the passions, prejudices, and humor of the people on a forum. At a minimum it's a free tell about you, and many people have good things to share.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast