Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Strap / whoopie
    What brand is your stud finder?
    I have two different ones, one very old, the other purchased 6 months ago, both have trouble just finding a stud, forget the edges. I just drill with a tiny drill to find edges. A stud finder that will find the edges would be great!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    My cheap $10 Zircon finder supposedly finds edges with different lights flashing, but it's not reliable. It changes depending on the pressure I hold it and speed while moving it across the wall.

The one with a digital readout sounds much better though.

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    As an electricianI use a Stanley digital when adding recepticals switches in someone's home. I have found it to be the best one after 45 yrs of trying. Almost all of them use the nails in the wall to locate the studs. I've even removed the base board to find the bottom of the studs

Hammock
    Multiple
    Tarp
    Multiple
    Insulation
    Multiple
    Suspension
    Dutch/Tensa/Yobo
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane47 View Post
    What brand is your stud finder?
    I have two different ones, one very old, the other purchased 6 months ago, both have trouble just finding a stud, forget the edges. I just drill with a tiny drill to find edges. A stud finder that will find the edges would be great!
    Zircon Onestep multi scanner i520. It will scan for shallow or deep studs, metal, and VAC lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." --Chinese Fortune Cookie

Participated in the following events:
    HangCon 2018 - 2024, (to be continued...)

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    Terra Nova
    Insulation
    Graylock3
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Reading this thread has inspired me to hang in my living room. [ATTACH=CONFIG]135192
    DSCN3969.jpg
    I have an Eno that I really don't use much anymore and was able to hang it under my ceiling fan. It reached 101 degrees here today with, I think, a million percent humidity. Ugh! I just don't do AC and do not want to sleep upstairs tonight. I was considering hanging in my basement but, well, it is a workshop, laundry room type basement. Not very appealing but I suppose I could hang down there if I had to to cool down. I was dripping sweat just to install the hardware. I used two 4" x 5/16 wood thread eye bolts. I used an outside corner wall and a bearing weight internal wall. On the internal wall I made sure I caught the uprights of the doorway opening. I did sit in it for a bit but I need to change into dry clothes before I lay in it. It seemed pretty secure. Not noise, no movement. I think I will put the sofa cushions underneath tonight just in case. Isn't it funny how secure a tree can make you feel in the woods?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    Terra Nova
    Insulation
    Graylock3
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Spent last night in my new living room furnishings with great success. I now have to figure out how to get out of the hammock when there is a 55 pound dog spread out at my feet under the same fan. Yes, I know he should move but, really, it is flippin' hot and I sort of know how he feels. He we wearing a fur coat in August. Yikes! I think if I scooch to the foot end, it may work. I will try it tonight as it is only 97 degrees with a million percent humidity today. Is it October yet? Golly!

I've been tossing ideas around on how to deal with rodents and their love for mattresses on the beds at my cabin,Seems I've finally found an answer,hammocks.My next problem is how to hang 3-4 hammocks without having a spiderweb of straps.The cabin is 24'x24',one large room,I would prefer keeping it one room,but it limits my hanging options,any ideas would be appreciated.

Hammock
    Dutchware Gear Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Beatle Buckles
    If you could add some sort of vertical central support you could hang one end of the hammocks to that and the other end to different walls/corners of the cabin. Just a thought.

Thanks,I've been thinking along the same line,but I don't want permanent attachments in the center of my one big room.Perhaps something removable when the hammocks are not being used.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    9' Noah
    Insulation
    Primaloft Gold
    Suspension
    Webbing N Cinchbuc
    Images
    I like the idea of using ridge poles. Kind of like the TurtleDog stand but hung from the ceiling instead of on tripods. You can adjust the height of the pole from the ceiling by just adjusting the length of the rope that holds it. AND when the hammock is not occupied, a light pulley system can pull the hammock and pole up to the ceiling and out of the way.
    The essential part of me can not be discussed here. Ask me in person.

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast