Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Kelty 12x12
    Insulation
    PonchoLiner GT+32
    Suspension
    Webbing,Rings,Carb
    Images

New hammock, I'm Stuck and can't get out.

I have 5 hammocks, some use rope, most use straps and rings as well as a ridge line,
    I have been able to tune them in most of the time 1st hang, however there is one hammock that just won't tune in to sit up place your feet on the ground stand up and exit.
    With the fowling adjustments... This one sleeps sooo goood.
    1. Loose Straps, Loose Ridge line
    Hangs to low and have to climb (pulling the sides) to sit up and get up.
    2. Tight straps 30 deg pitch, taught ridge line, It sleeps like on air, have to climb out after sitting up.
    Note when setting on the edge of the hammock 90 deg leg setting all is OK till I'm parked inside the sides.
    3. All set tight, getting on and off is OK, to sleep, well ... it has a lot to be desired knowing how this one can sleep.

I am sleeping in this one in the (House Camping) Living room, I just get more exercise getting up then I want.
    Any Ideas, All help is welcome, Here is what I have set up.
    Livingroom Hammock 2.JPGLivingroom Hammock 5.JPGLivingroom Hammock 6.jpgLivingroom Hammock 7.jpgLivingroom Hammock 8.jpgIMG_1999.jpgIMG_1998.jpg
    Out of all the hammocks this is the only one I sleep better then the rest, but the most work to get out of or get out like the rest but sleep poorly.

Go figure 1 of 5 ???
    I am 5"11" 225lb.
    The hammock is a
    Grand Trunk Parachute Nylon Double Hammock 10'6" x 6'6"
    Ridge line length 98.5"
    Anchor height 69.5"
    Strap length to rings, Top 15.5 "
    Bottom 22"
    2 Carabiners Ea. 7.5"
    Height from the deck, Side 19"
    Bottom 13"
    Last edited by TimberbeastWaco; 11-17-2014 at 09:18. Reason: Added Information

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG phoenix 20 deg
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    so seems to me that with all the great sleep you have been having that your in need of some hiking to fix up those arms so you dont need to climb out so much
    to be honest those of greater knowledge should be along shortly.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Kelty 12x12
    Insulation
    PonchoLiner GT+32
    Suspension
    Webbing,Rings,Carb
    Images
    I just hang on to the sides,kick the couch, swing, plant my feet, and stand up for now.
    I liked sitting up, feet on the floor, and standing up with no work at all to walk to the snoozzze button then lay back down, now I think about laying back down, today I hit the couch with a pillow for 10 min.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I am short, I have gone through several hammocks, for me lesser fabric seems to be the key, Hennessy's ultra light was my first easier out hammock. Then a Green Hornet that was reasonably great. Then I tried JRB Bridge, I love it, no problem getting in and out, works for lounging, easier for a short person to suspend. Now I am trying to make a bridge that is closer to the same length I am. For me the bridge is the perfect solution. I am sometimes an active sleeper, it only required about 5 minutes for me to discover the bridge was not going to dump me out on top of my dog (heat source).

Getting out of most gathered end hammocks causes leg cramps while trying to stand up, which makes the whole process unpleasant. I found using my hiking poles already inserted in the ground to be somewhat helpful, but sometimes still developed charlie horse in one thigh or the other. As much as I want to keep my favored gathered end hammock, I see the Bridge staying in my life as the other hammocks go to new homes.

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG phoenix 20 deg
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    yeah i presume its the extra width of fabric which is making the turn harder.

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    13" off the ground would be a bit 'o struggle for me to exit. usually prefer 18 - 24"
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    DIY 12' PolyD
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10 silArgon
    Insulation
    HG 0º UQ / 20º TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Images
    I have the same issue in my Yukon Double. I can't figure it out but it is without a doubt my most comfy hammock coming in at 11'6" long!
    Black Raven Survival YouTube Page

Gear Reviews, DIY Tutorials, Trip Reports, Homesteading, Survivalism, Bushcraft, Firearms, Prepping, Hiking, Camping

Hammock
    DIY 132"x60"
    Tarp
    Bushcraft USA Sil
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    I am interested in some feedback here as well. I have been a full timer for a little over a year. I got my table cloth hammock dialed in perfect. Perfect sleep, and pretty easy to get up. I really need that because in the hammock I have to get up 3 times a night to pee. Anyway I had a crash landing the other night when the bolt holding the hammock broke. I took everything down and redid the bolts and took the chance to redo the gathered ends, etc. Now I can't find my sweet spot again and I am having the worst time getting out of the hammock. Obviously it is set different , but I can't figure it out. It is bad being trapped when you have to pee.
    Joe

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Kelty 12x12
    Insulation
    PonchoLiner GT+32
    Suspension
    Webbing,Rings,Carb
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    13" off the ground would be a bit 'o struggle for me to exit. usually prefer 18 - 24"
    The sides are 19" the other hammocks Red, Turquoise, Yellow, inside (in livingroom or outside) sit 18" off the ground (sides and bottom are the same) But this one the bottom sits lower then the sides, I just can't tune in, This blue one sleeps so good but the work to get out is not worth it, I am going back to my red GT Double It is marketed to be the same different color......I don't understand.
    Red Room Hammock 1.jpgRed Room Hammock 3.jpgLivingroom Hammock 9.jpgIMG_1991.jpg

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Kelty 12x12
    Insulation
    PonchoLiner GT+32
    Suspension
    Webbing,Rings,Carb
    Images
    That and hitting the snooze button.
    Quote Originally Posted by wirerat99 View Post
    I am interested in some feedback here as well. I have been a full timer for a little over a year. I got my table cloth hammock dialed in perfect. Perfect sleep, and pretty easy to get up. I really need that because in the hammock I have to get up 3 times a night to pee. Anyway I had a crash landing the other night when the bolt holding the hammock broke. I took everything down and redid the bolts and took the chance to redo the gathered ends, etc. Now I can't find my sweet spot again and I am having the worst time getting out of the hammock. Obviously it is set different , but I can't figure it out. It is bad being trapped when you have to pee.
    Joe

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast