Clark NX250
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 15
    Insulation
    Snugfit
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Speer Snugfit Question

Lately I have been eyeing the Speer Snugfit underquilt and am thinking about getting one for my Clark NX250. The question is which type to get. One model is equipped with Velcro to fit Speer hammocks, and the other has tabs for use with other brands.

Well, the NX250 also has Velcro around its edge. The three side pockets per side have fuzzy-side out Velcro along the top edge, and fuzzy Velcro strips extend beyond the pockets to the tip of the foot end. What I am wondering is, would the Velcro-equipped model be a better deal for the NX250?

The other thing is, I might want to use this underquilt with an Eno Doublenest which I also have, and possibly future hammocks that do not have Velcro. Would the Velcro-model snugfit work on these?

I realize Clark is putting on the extra velcro these days to accomodate an underquilt setup which is in development. However, winter may be coming up faster than these Clark quilts hit the market. Also, the future Clark setup may be difficult to use with anything other than a Clark.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Hammock
    BB 1.7 Dbl, ENO SN, Switchback
    Tarp
    SWT, Diamond Fly
    Insulation
    Infl. Pad, Fleece
    Suspension
    Ring Bckl, Whoopie
    My suggestion would be to PM NotToWorry, which is Ed Speer, or email him from his website. He is a great guy to talk with, and he will be happy to guide you in the right direction. I, personally, feel that if you want to use it with several different hammocks, then get the universal.
    "I used to be sane, but now I'm better."

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    11.5 by 10 DRW
    Insulation
    diy conversion uq
    Suspension
    webing+ cord
    Images
    I agree you could always add Velcro to a hammock but how hard is it to do it the other way.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    I too would suggest the universal fit. there's tab-loops already on your clark too and these could be used with the universal fit of the uq. Plus you could adjust it for warmer or cooler weather and the uq would work for any of the other hammocks you're looking at. If that uq is velcro'd to the bottom of the clark, it would have to "fit" the clark to be usefull. Which would be nice but it probably wouldn't "fit" any other hammock.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 15
    Insulation
    Snugfit
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Thanks for the comments. I was just remembering those tabs on the Clark the other day and figured they would probably work too - maybe better than velcro and certainly a lot quieter.

Anyway, I ordered up a Universal and noticed they were on sale too.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 15
    Insulation
    Snugfit
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Well, the Snugfit came and apparently there was a breakdown in communications because I got the Velcro model rather than the Universal. As it turns out, this was very fortunate.

I tried it out on the X250, and the Snugfit's Velcro matches up exactly with the stuff on the hammock. It isn't just close - its perfect. Not being a hammock expert I may be wrong, but this UQ looks like it was made specifically for the NX250 so the Clark and Speer products must be very close in dimension.

Also, it is a nice, dark blue and looks like it belongs there. Built quality is at least as good as the Clark so there is nothing incongruous about it.

All buttoned up with the velcro sealed, etc. this quilt feels like an electric blanket on "Medium," so it looks like it will do the job this November.

Last night I tried it out on the Doublenest and it worked well with that too. Hung loose it did not overheat at all, and even with a bulky sleeping bag the velcro tapes can be hooked up so the whole hammock is enclosed. This seems similar to a "Peapod" setup minus insulation on top. It gets a little warm that way but would be a good option in cold weather.

Overall, I am totally impressed with this UQ and am pretty happy with the Velcro v. tabs at this point.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Glad you were a happy victim of the same thing I experienced. It's like Ed just knows better when we order the Universal. I was mildly disappointed for all of 20 minutes.
    Surprised it fits so well on the Clarks, but that is pretty good news!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    OK, I know this has been asked before, but I could use some confirmation. I've got a Blackbird and if very fine. Now for the UQ. Cannibal really likes his Yeti, but I don't like shifting it when I shift, or dealing with the CCF pad, so...how well does the Snufit Universal fit the BB and has anyone any problems with that combo?

Sailor

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    I've got SF and Yeti and BB....no problems with either one.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Cannibal really likes his Yeti
    Yes I do!
    Cannibal's other half (Genuine Draft) really likes my SnugFit. We both really like our BlackBirds, so I can promise you that if she thinks it's a good combination, then it is. She gets cold in a summer breeze at high noon.

Only issue is very occasionally, the footbox will pop out of the SnugFit. Lots of folks have fixed the problem with a little shockcord, but we don't find it necessary.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast