Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Images
    That's the most ingenious bit in the past few weeks of innovations to come down the pipe in my opinion. As a dad who wants the daughter in the woods with him, this may be the ticket to getting her out there with me.

Thanks Dutch, sincerely. This is an answered prayer. Added to my Christmas list.

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Thanks Dutch, I'll give them a whirl.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Other than if the length of your hammocks may not be the same, why would you not want to use the hooks at both ends??

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Other than if the length of your hammocks may not be the same, why would you not want to use the hooks at both ends??
    I was actually wondering the same thing. But Dutch actually explains it in the video.. if both ends were using the spreader bar, you'd be rocking up and down (left hammock up, right one down, right one up, left one down) every time you moved, or got in and out.

If one person got out.. the other would drop like a rock, raising the other hammock up higher, making it harder to get into.. Having one end of each being independent minimizes that.

Besides.. with the head ends held apart by the spreader bar, the foot ends of the hammocks should still be able to connect to the same tree without needing the foot end bar.

At least that's how I visualize it in my head.. Dutch can correct me if I'm wrong.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hk2001 View Post
    I was actually wondering the same thing. But Dutch actually explains it in the video.. if both ends were using the spreader bar, you'd be rocking up and down (left hammock up, right one down, right one up, left one down) every time you moved, or got in and out.

If one person got out.. the other would drop like a rock, raising the other hammock up higher, making it harder to get into.. Having one end of each being independent minimizes that.

At least that's how I visualize it in my head.. Dutch can correct me if I'm wrong.

Yup, Dutch did explain it, i just missed it, i am gonna try this set up asap.

Hammock
    MYOG
    Tarp
    One that works
    I forsee some Dutch device in the future that makes a tarp easier to use with this set up. When is the IPO?

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    I should have watched the video. That was basically my concern. I initially assumed that you would buy two pair, and use them at both ends. That's why I thought it wouldn't work out so well. My questions could've been avoided altogether if I'd just watched the video.

So, this is going to help save time with site selection. It's what I've been doing all along, just from two trees instead of three. I dig it.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    DIY 11' Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Do you think you could use these in tandem with speedhooks (both at the same time?).

Another alternative is using whoopie slings on one side and speedhooks on the other.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Me and Hickery will do this in the Gorge)))))
    Well you better leave the Texas Roadhouse Chille at home if you do. haha

Great Idea Dutch. How many times have we seen new members posting questions asking about sleeping close to their loved one.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 11-11-2014 at 13:06.

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    KAQ, UGQ
    Several months ago i had contacted dutch with an idea to see if he had something that would work. He told me he had something that might work. And he sold me the two holed hooks. I wondered what they had been intended for. Then i saw the speed hooks and thought that they were for that, and now i see the true intention. I have since scrapped my project but have just been using them as regular whoopie hooks.

Really clever!! I will echo that this may help in getting my girls a little more comfortable sleeping in a hammock outside. Thanks Dutch!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast