Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    That stuff about getting people out camping that normally would stuff melts me. That was the biggest motivator of these. There is a little learning curve with them. You have to hang a little higher ends of the hammock should be at the same distance from the tree but that is it. i think it is one of my favorites too.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    DIY Bic bridge, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daverr View Post
    Well, my son is probably 40 pounds and his entries and exits into the hammock were when I was prepared for it. So it was no big deal at all. But when I jumped out and he stayed in, his hammock rose about 6 inches. Not sure how that would change with two grown adults.

My son is a fitful sleeper - but because we had separate suspensions (and probably because I outweighed him so much) I barely noticed him throughout the night. I heard him more than I felt him.

If I had to guess, I would say my experience is probably going to be similar to one with two adults. The entering and exiting of the hammock will cause a significant jostle because of the added weight. But simply re-positioning yourself in the hammock throughout the night won't bother your mate.

As far as other thoughts, it was really seamless. I got the .625 aluminum poles from Quest with end tips that fit the hooks perfectly.

I'm trying to get my wife into camping in general my chances are much better now that I can assure her that she can sleep right next to me as opposed down the path a little. Definitely my favorite Dutch product to date.
    Thanks a lot for your input. I believe this may be the thing that gets my wife into hanging as well. These are high on my "To Buy" list.

Maybe these should have been called the "Couple Hammock Whoopie hooks"... guess the "whoopie" part just became a little more ambiguous in its meaning.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    We already have been hanging in tandem mode before these, but finding the perfect trees can be quite a hassle. I have often found myself going around in circles at campsites to find tree setups that aren't really there. I am very excited to try these to make setup easier! Also, though we use a very large Kelty 16 when we hang tandem style, the tree setup may force one end of the tarp rigging to be much more open to accommodate hammock lines than I would prefer. Again, I think these will fix that problem nicely, along with allowing us to use a tarp that is not as ginormous when backpacking. Thanks for being such a mad scientist for the rest of us, Dutch.

Syb is in your neck of the woods today and stopping by. And he has a little list from me as well of goodies I need too.... Guess what's on the list.
    You guessed it, an Argon hammock!!!!
    But so are these, along with some other bling!!!
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Hammock
    Dutch 10' PolyD 1.4
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Any update on using the .355 carbon fiber poles from Quest Outfitters as a spreader bar? Really curious to know if a 34" bar made from two 17" poles are strong enough for two people. Combined weight of both of us is about 280 lbs.

Can't wait for the speed hook version to come out!!!

Hammock
    Dutch 10' PolyD 1.4
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    You would have to have the double hammock hook be part of the suspension. You could go hugger, lead, Speed hook, continuous loop Double hammock hook, Continuous loop, Hammock
    Oh and also, forgive me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the bury of the continuous loop that the double hammock hook is spliced on interfere with the speed hook due to the thickness of the amsteel with the bury inside? At least for me I know that my speed hook can't hook on to my continuous loop unless I use the portion of the loop with no bury. If I'm doing something wrong please correct me.

Hammock
    Byer Mosquito
    Tarp
    ZPacks Camo Cuben
    Suspension
    Fixed Loop/BIAS HA
    The bury of the CL would be inside the hammock end channel. You could also use a 'Dog Bonz' instead of a CL.

Hammock
    Dutch 10' PolyD 1.4
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Yes but only one of the continuous loops would have the bury inside the hammock. There's a second continuous loop that Dutch mentions in his post that has the double hammock hook in it and that would be exposed. One way or another either the speed hook or the double hammock hook would have to somehow be connected to the bury portion of that second continuous loop.

Hammock
    Byer Mosquito
    Tarp
    ZPacks Camo Cuben
    Suspension
    Fixed Loop/BIAS HA
    I'm not sure I understand. Both hammocks would have an identical setup. See picture (As I mention, I'm no artist) at URL below, post #96.

This is my original post: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...e-Hooks/page10

It's followed by Dutch's comments.
    Last edited by JnL; 12-16-2014 at 11:50. Reason: wrong post number

Hammock
    Dutch 10' PolyD 1.4
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    My apologies. I'll try to explain more in detail.

The continuous loop in the middle of that photo (the loop between the speed hook and double hammock hook) will have a small portion of non-buried amsteel. That small portion can either be put on the eye of the double hammock hook or the hook of the speed hook but not both. Let's say for example the non-buried portion of the amsteel is in the eye of the double hammock hook. Then the hook on the speed hook will not fit the buried portion of the continuous loop because of the thickness of the buried amsteel on the continuous loop. The speed hook's hook is only large enough to accommodate a non-buried portion. This problem will arise if the continuous loop in the middle of the photo is flipped also (the non-buried portion on speed hook's hook will fit but the buried portion will not fit through the eye of the double hammock hook). The only way I can see this resolved is if you use a buried portion of 7/64 amsteel continuous loop spliced into the eye of a 1/8 sized speed hook but since I don't have the 1/8 speed hook I can't say if it will even fit in there as well. I hope this clarifies the issue I'm concerned with.

Hammock
    10.5" DIY 1.0 HyperD Lime Green
    Tarp
    DIY 11'4
    Insulation
    DIY 850 up/under
    Suspension
    Dutch bling Whoopi
    Taptalk error
    Last edited by gr8brew; 12-16-2014 at 22:20. Reason: Disregard please dang taptalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast