Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Dutch, you have to slow down the release of all these products or come out with a set once a month new product date. I can't keep up reading about all the new toys you are coming out with.
    I want to be know as the hardest working vender out there. There is a lot more in the pipeline. And you have to admit, this one is pretty cool.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I want to be know as the hardest working vender out there. There is a lot more in the pipeline. And you have to admit, this one is pretty cool.
    It really is a cool idea (now I know what those were in your box of goodies at MAHHA). Not needing that tree triangle to tandem hang, I may go back to that with the wifey. Really will simplify that.
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Hey Dutch, Mrs. LRR wants to know if she could sleep in a bridge and me in a gathered end? I don't think it would work cause their be a pole at the foot end sticking into the other Hammock but I was just thinking?
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Hey Dutch, Mrs. LRR wants to know if she could sleep in a bridge and me in a gathered end? I don't think it would work cause their be a pole at the foot end sticking into the other Hammock but I was just thinking?
    Loren is tiny (you are not) and the bridge spreader bars are high. I think you could make it work if she was on your left and you slept left to right. You might have to have her bridge a little higher and I usually like bridges close to the ground. A bigger issues is the connection point will be different since the bridge is at the apex of the triangle and you would have the head of your hammock at her apex (why does that sound dirty?).
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com

Hammock
    10.5" DIY 1.0 HyperD Lime Green
    Tarp
    DIY 11'4
    Insulation
    DIY 850 up/under
    Suspension
    Dutch bling Whoopi
    What is the recomended diameter pole for 2 sub 200# people?

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    .650 is a good safe pole. There are many things other than the people's weight that determine the force on the poles. A big one is how far that tree is from the pole. The greater the distance the less the stress.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com

Hammock
    Byer Mosquito
    Tarp
    ZPacks Camo Cuben
    Suspension
    Fixed Loop/BIAS HA
    I was wondering if anyone got to try out the double hammock whoopie hook suspension yet? I tried to go camping around Thanksgiving, but got snowed out...around a foot according to the locals.

Hammock
    DIY 11' Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Double Whoopie.jpg

Used the double whoopie hook this weekend on my 3.5 year old son's first overnight camp outing. He had a 8 foot 9 inch Yukon Mosquito Hammock and I was using an 11 foot Argon hammock. The size difference did not make a difference at all. Just had to line up one of the ends.

As you can see by the picture, the available trees in our campsite were very small - maybe 6-8 inches in diameter. It would have been a struggle to hang tandem without the double whoopie hook. Was a great experience overall. Thanks for a great product.

Hammock
    DIY Bic bridge, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daverr View Post
    Double Whoopie.jpg

Used the double whoopie hook this weekend on my 3.5 year old son's first overnight camp outing. He had a 8 foot 9 inch Yukon Mosquito Hammock and I was using an 11 foot Argon hammock. The size difference did not make a difference at all. Just had to line up one of the ends.

As you can see by the picture, the available trees in our campsite were very small - maybe 6-8 inches in diameter. It would have been a struggle to hang tandem without the double whoopie hook. Was a great experience overall. Thanks for a great product.
    very cool daverr! Any other thoughts or comments on your setup? How did it feel to be "connected" to the other hammock?

Hammock
    DIY 11' Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjoman View Post
    very cool daverr! Any other thoughts or comments on your setup? How did it feel to be "connected" to the other hammock?
    Well, my son is probably 40 pounds and his entries and exits into the hammock were when I was prepared for it. So it was no big deal at all. But when I jumped out and he stayed in, his hammock rose about 6 inches. Not sure how that would change with two grown adults.

My son is a fitful sleeper - but because we had separate suspensions (and probably because I outweighed him so much) I barely noticed him throughout the night. I heard him more than I felt him.

If I had to guess, I would say my experience is probably going to be similar to one with two adults. The entering and exiting of the hammock will cause a significant jostle because of the added weight. But simply re-positioning yourself in the hammock throughout the night won't bother your mate.

As far as other thoughts, it was really seamless. I got the .625 aluminum poles from Quest with end tips that fit the hooks perfectly.

I'm trying to get my wife into camping in general my chances are much better now that I can assure her that she can sleep right next to me as opposed down the path a little. Definitely my favorite Dutch product to date.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast