hennessy expedition
    Tarp
    hammock gear c.f.
    Insulation
    hammock gear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

this weekend at the I&M canal

Im thinking of hiking in leaving Channahon around 9 or 10, do some hiking in mckinley woods then hit the camp site. before hand drop off a cache, gallon of water and fire wood . So far, thats the plan unless someone else has a better idea and wants to come along.

Hammock
    WB XLC and RR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    W. Logics and UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    It is supposed to be beautiful this weekend! I would meet you there but the playoffs started, and I have a football game to coach. Post some pictures, I would love to see the spot.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I keep missing out on these hangs. I assume you are going on Saturday. If I come it would be last minute. I'll be watching to see how it progresses. I have plans to make sausage with my dad this weekend. Need to learn the old family recipe. My dad is 85 �� so no time to waste. Been itching to get out. So what will the craft be this time, raccoon hats? ��

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    I was on the I&M yesterday hiking the Willow Springs to Lemont Section.

In the Channahon west section of the trail you can camp where you want and there are a few designated sites if you were backpacking. Otherwise McKinley is quite nice.

I went to Buffalo Rock State Park for the first time this year- so easy to pass with Starved Rock and Matthesien- but- it was very pretty there and you can primitive camp along the trail there as well.

Too much family stuff this weekend for me- but thought I'd pass some stuff on. I use the I&M for my backpacking training trail- only thing around longer than 20 miles and fairly nice all things considered. Enjoy!

Hammock
    hennessy expedition
    Tarp
    hammock gear c.f.
    Insulation
    hammock gear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    ya know the raccoons are watchin every move ya make, lol yes im thinking saturday morning, hike in, and do some hiking in mc kinley woods, they have a few miles of trails there. also the mckinley woods parking lot is close enough to the I&M canal camp site im gonna stop there first and drop off water and firewood, then park in channahon and hike it in. Prolly gonna be too windy to bike it in. They treated the well pump there the other week so i dunno if its safe enough to drink from yet, they told me it would be a few weeks before its potable again.

Hammock
    hennessy expedition
    Tarp
    hammock gear c.f.
    Insulation
    hammock gear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    if ya cant make it this weekend, pick a date and we will go.

Hammock
    hennessy expedition
    Tarp
    hammock gear c.f.
    Insulation
    hammock gear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    just vacuumed sealed some home made dehydrated chilimac for this weekends trip, woohoo cant wait to go.

Hammock
    warbonetRR, hennessy
    Tarp
    warbonnet superfly
    Insulation
    hg incubator0,pad
    Suspension
    EnoAtlas,50ft cord
    Images
    I'll be stuck at work till noon and there's something else happening so I don't know if I can make it tomorrow and what time.I do know I'm bringing my bike if I make it and maybe some cheap staeks to make the surviving easy on us

Hammock
    hennessy expedition
    Tarp
    hammock gear c.f.
    Insulation
    hammock gear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    im hoping to get out there between 9-10 oclock, your more then welcome to ride in, ill be there.

Hammock
    hennessy expedition
    Tarp
    hammock gear c.f.
    Insulation
    hammock gear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    This weekend was great, mixter joined me for a great relaxing weekend out hanging. It started Saturday morning, I got to McKinley woods around 9:30, loaded up a 2 wheeler with firewood and water and dropped it off at the I&M Canal campsite covering it up with a camo tarp so no one would get nosey. Went back to the trailhead at Channahon , paid our camping fee , talked to the IDNR ranger about doing a group winter hang, he said he was fine with it and go for it. I then hiked in and during my hike in mixter texted me and asked if i was there and he was going to come out, that was a pleasant surprise, and got to the site just in time for lunch, had Kabanos sausages, cheese , and a few tortillas. Set up my hammock with the addition of a 2QZQ underquilt protector, replaced underquilt suspension, and a new peak bag and ridgeline organizer. Weather was sunny but cool, and hardly no wind with clear skies. Mixter got there a few hours later, he rode his bike in and set up camp. We talked about hammocking, where we have been , where we would like to go, was great time. Had dinner around 6, my home made chili mac that i also dehydrated, came out great, mixter had a dish he concocted and i'm not sure what it was lol. Started a fire and just talked the night away watching the barges go by, listening to the raccoons fighting in the bushes.... yes , the raccoons are still there.... the coyotes howling. skies were clear, lots of falling stars and temps started to drop. Around 2 or 3 A.M. temps dropped to 27 degrees overnight, thats the coldest Ive ever been hanging in and I was as warm as warm can be, was great. In the morning got up, had coffee and breakfast, packed up and hiked back Channahon, refreshed and rejuvenated to face the world again, till the next time I can get out. Its great having a resource like this so close to home that you can run away to at a moments notice. thanks mixter was great hangin with ya.

And the adventure continues........

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast