WB Traveler and Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuban
    Insulation
    HG TQs and UQs
    Suspension
    HammockFan Anchors
    Images
    I suspect I may have missed an area that needed cleaning up a little more. Can you guys PM me photos of the freying and the area of the anchor where it came from? These are all debured by hand and I want to make sure they go out without flaws.
    Don't Be fooled by Imitators and Knockoffs.
    Hammockfan.com is home of the ORIGINAL Hammock Anchor!
    Keep Hanging In There,
    Giovanni

HammockFan, I've just bought a hennessy jungle safari and I'm considering replacing the stock suspension with your system. Do you have any detailed instructions describing the hardware I need and the replacment process?

BR, Max.

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    I just installed my first set this afternoon on a WW Bias. I "re-purposed" a set of older whoopie slings to do it, and that saved me a good bit of time. My first impression was "man these things are tiny", but once I got them on the sling it was simple to configure and set up. I am at about 220 right now (down from 270) and I eased into the hammock, concerned about slippage - there was none. I got out, did some adjustments, got back in, and same result, no slippage. I really like that they are permanently attached to the line, and sooo easy to adjust. I didn't feel any burrs on them anywhere, but then again I only snoozed for a half hour or so.

One note that helped me, I did taper the line that went through my amsteel by cutting three strands to make it easier to get through the hole. That also helps when I did the back splice to keep it on the line.

I am probably going to install my other pair on a RR to see how that works as well. So far, so good! Thanks, G!
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuban
    Insulation
    HG TQs and UQs
    Suspension
    HammockFan Anchors
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxEriksson View Post
    HammockFan, I've just bought a hennessy jungle safari and I'm considering replacing the stock suspension with your system. Do you have any detailed instructions describing the hardware I need and the replacment process?

BR, Max.
    I do not. I probably should. PM me your phone number and I will discuss it with you over the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
    I just installed my first set this afternoon on a WW Bias. I "re-purposed" a set of older whoopie slings to do it, and that saved me a good bit of time. My first impression was "man these things are tiny", but once I got them on the sling it was simple to configure and set up. I am at about 220 right now (down from 270) and I eased into the hammock, concerned about slippage - there was none. I got out, did some adjustments, got back in, and same result, no slippage. I really like that they are permanently attached to the line, and sooo easy to adjust. I didn't feel any burrs on them anywhere, but then again I only snoozed for a half hour or so.

One note that helped me, I did taper the line that went through my amsteel by cutting three strands to make it easier to get through the hole. That also helps when I did the back splice to keep it on the line.

I am probably going to install my other pair on a RR to see how that works as well. So far, so good! Thanks, G!
    Thanks for that great report. Please see my previous post regarding RR use.
    Keep Hanging In There,
    Giovanni

Senior Member Squid In The Woods's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutch 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    HammockFan Anchors
    The family and I visited our near and dear Caledon "natural area" today for a quick hike since the Giants didn't start their game until 2030.

We stopped for lunch and I whipped out my GT lightweight hammock equipped with my beloved hammock anchors.

Setting up was a breeze, and trust me with a hungry wife and antsy kid time is critical. the Amsteel leaders I ordered at the same time were spliced in to the anchor so everything came out of the stuff sack tangle free.

I ate my fish tacos for lunch and cruised in my hammock while little man crawled up and down from peak to peak. The anchors definitely passed the bounce test

Ordering another couple sets for my other hammocks now.

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Squid In The Woods; 11-23-2014 at 22:11.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid In The Woods View Post
    The family and I visited our near and dear Caledon "natural area" today for a quick hike since the Giants didn't start their game until 2030.

We stopped for lunch and I whipped out my GT lightweight hammock equipped with my beloved hammock anchors.

Setting up was a breeze, and trust me with a hungry wife and antsy kid time is critical. the Amsteel leaders I ordered at the same time were spliced in so to speak so everything came out of the stuff sack tangle free.

I ate my fish tacos for lunch and cruised in my hammock while little man crawled up and down from peak to peak. The anchors definitely passed the bounce test

Ordering another couple sets for my other hammocks now.

Cheers.
    Cool picture, love the dog and your boy.

Senior Member Squid In The Woods's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutch 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    HammockFan Anchors
    Thanks! We had such an amazing day out on the trail. Little man really surprised me by marching a whole mile and a half by himself (he's 2 btw). Old Nola girl was running around like a nut most of the time, sniffing squirrels and deer turds all over the place. I just tied her up right quick because I didn't want to have one more thing to keep track of while fixing lunch ( that's a big cliff to the left of the picture ).

Edit: here she is- passed the ---- out with Mr Potato after out little hike today

Last edited by Squid In The Woods; 11-23-2014 at 21:53.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuban
    Insulation
    HG TQs and UQs
    Suspension
    HammockFan Anchors
    Images
    Silver Hammock Anchors are on sale for $3.99!!!
    Keep Hanging In There,
    Giovanni

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    Quote Originally Posted by HammockFan View Post
    Silver Hammock Anchors are on sale for $3.99!!!
    Thanks! I just placed an order.

Hammock
    BIAS
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Hammockgear 3/4
    Suspension
    HammockFan Anchors
    Just ordered a pair of hammock anchors and a pair of tarp anchors. We'll see how they go!

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast