Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Too bad I don't have any trees in my backyard! I can go to a local park at least for a few hours to test everything out.

hutzelbein - Thanks for your comments. Whenever I use the Xlite, I find that I have to partially deflate it anyway. I've used the Xlite this past winter (with the 1/2 Ridgerest underneath), and was comfortable aside from the fact that my bag wasn't up to par. I have a 20* EE Revelation quilt on its way. I think that with the included pad straps, I'll be able to keep it in place.

I've read many threads on this site, and found that rigging the Ridgerest and Xlite like a "T" will provide adequate additional insulation for my shoulders/core.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator Econ
    Suspension
    Python straps
    I've had the most problems with long pads in short hammocks like the GTUL. The foot end keeps slipping out and over the side of the hammock. I toss and turn a lot, though. I've trimmed my CCF and Reflectix pads down a bit (to about 3/4 length) to keep them from wandering. I tend to sleep curled up and not stretched out so the smaller size works anyway.

You will definitely want to try it out before taking it out on a trip.

[Edit] - And if you don't have trees, check out the TurtleDog stand over in the DIY forum. It's super easy to make and you can hang whenever you want!

Hammock
    2 Blackbird XLC 1.7 DL SL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IncubatorSniveller
    Suspension
    Standard Warbonnet
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    The problem will be keeping individual items in place.
    I agree about holding the materials in place. I have a DL Blackbird which helps a bit with multiple layers of insulation. That said, I've gotten some good traction using duct tape taping from the bottom up so duct tape is against the hammock and not against your back. I say all this having a HG Incubator on the way but I'll continue to use my pads when it makes sense.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12