Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    If it works like the glow in the dark zipper pulls then I am interested for both the guylines and suspension.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    - Mark Twain

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Harbor Freight had a Hank (50ft) of glow-in-the-dark line. Boy did it streeeeetch. And it soon lost its "glow" property, or wouldn't hold it very long. I've found reflective cord to be just as good if not better because:
    1) It doesn't stretch
    2) It doesn't share your glow with the others in camp who might like a more natural setting
    3) It lights up your hang like a Christmas tree - but only when a flashlight is shining on (or it is viewed) at the correct angle. As I would only want this when walking back from a night break - so I can easily spot the hang and lines to stakes in the ground - just having it visible via a flashlight beam is enough for me.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY KAQ down UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I'd be interested, as long as it stays charged all night. If it didn't hold its glow through the night, I would question why I bought the stuff to begin with when I could've just used the reflective tracer kind.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    It would be a niche of a niche market. But sure, if it performed as well as regular Amsteel, I'd pay a little extra for it.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    Hennessy Exped /or "other" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy or 9x9DD
    Insulation
    Supershelter
    Suspension
    original
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Harbor Freight had a Hank (50ft) of glow-in-the-dark line. Boy did it streeeeetch. And it soon lost its "glow" property, or wouldn't hold it very long. I've found reflective cord to be just as good if not better because:
    1) It doesn't stretch
    2) It doesn't share your glow with the others in camp who might like a more natural setting
    3) It lights up your hang like a Christmas tree - but only when a flashlight is shining on (or it is viewed) at the correct angle. As I would only want this when walking back from a night break - so I can easily spot the hang and lines to stakes in the ground - just having it visible via a flashlight beam is enough for me.
    I bought some of the Harbor Freight glow in the dark rope and gotta say that it does not last long after dark. I really don't think that I'd use it for any type of loads. Maybe clip a small piece of it to a rope or tree to mark a hazard spot while your finishing setting up camp or making dinner. I think that it would bother me more with ropes glowing all night long that are running all around my setup.
    “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Most of the Glow in the Dark stuff only lasts a short time, with the exception of the bracelet I wear, it last a long time after exposure to light. Everything else I have tried last a very short period, certainly not all night.

I really like glow in the dark things. However most of the time I am disappointed in the life span of the glow.

Hammock
    HB Sky bed bug free
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Aerogel mat
    Suspension
    SRL with whoopies
    You could gut some GITD paracord and thread some standard amsteel through it.

Since the original question is hypothetical, current products are irrelevent. Also not all hammockers are diehard backpackers. Personally I could see GITD line useful for me. As a scout leader, we are usually camping with a good number of people in the dame place multiple nights. Many boys moving around. I already have GITD line locks. I think GiTD guylines would be more advantageous. It would help prevent the number of tripping incidences I see. This could also be used for the t***s.

I just happened to notice that one could get GITH paracord yesterday and was considering getting some. But not sure where I could use it in my set up.
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    ticket to the moon
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie/straps
    I would love reflective whoopee slings. I have walked into them enough.

Hammock
    ticket to the moon
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie/straps
    im a die hard packer and I work nights. so I stay up late with camera in hand. listening...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast