WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Congrats on the new hammock. Im sure it is a dandy. I have been seriously considering a new winter tarp and Trail Lair from Jared.

I wonder why SLD does not have their own vendor forum? Hammeck (defunct) and Trek Light Gear (only 69 threads?!) have their own forum but not one for one of the most esteemed vendors on the site? Lame.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Here's a thread about that topic. Basically the mods don't think there's enough discussion to justify one. I asked Jared as well, and his attitude is "it's fine if someone wants to set it up" but it's not a huge priority for him either, and it's unclear if he'd often participate. He's happy with the way his business spreads now.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by QFT View Post
    Here's a thread about that topic. Basically the mods don't think there's enough discussion to justify one. I asked Jared as well, and his attitude is "it's fine if someone wants to set it up" but it's not a huge priority for him either, and it's unclear if he'd often participate. He's happy with the way his business spreads now.
    I find that interesting, since there are many other vendors- who are discussed on the forums much less than SLD- who have a sub-forum. I don't know what conversations have taken place between Jared and HF; but I guess it's possible that he has asked HF not to create a sub-forum for his company to ensure his demand stays at a certain level. As a one man operation- whose name is built around providing made-to-order gear shipped within 24 hours, it would be very difficult to maintain that level of service if demand rose too high.
    Last edited by rweb82; 05-22-2018 at 15:15.

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyRandy View Post
    Yeah, I’ve been dealing with him lately and heard before that you guys say he was fast. How true that is! I just wanted to check out the Streamliner, but now that I have experienced his quick responses and very quick build times, I will be looking at him before anyone else to see if he can make it! It certainly helps that he has some unique products as well!
    The streamliner is an amazing hammock! I own three now. two made from hexon 1.0 & one from robic 1.2 .The most important thing in making it work well imo & experience is getting a adjustable structural ridgeline & setting it at 9' or somewhere in the 107"-108" zone. That gives it nice sag & flat lay. The longer the structural ridgeline or further apart the trees ( further than 15' tree distance apart) the streamliner begins to clam up & get tight making a diagonal lay difficult.

SRL setting is very important to make the streamliner a success. It is my daily sleeper (No bed) have one for day hikes & my camp setup. Great hammock & consistent !
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
    I just bought the Streamliner and have used it on two hikes. I love it and it weighs nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Amen on that! two of my 11' streamliners made from 1.0 hexon are 7oz each ...same weight as a much smaller eno sub 7
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    Trail Lair/LSOH WarriorUL
    Tarp
    ManyFly's/HG WP
    Insulation
    HG/Speer/WB
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by mikespranger View Post
    Just had to give my quick 2 cents on my new hammock. I love this thing. Super comfortable, glad I went with the wide. Ordered it late last Tuesday, special color request, and received it today.

Really well made, love the peak shelf.

I know most all of the cottage places have great customer service, but I still think they're the best on that too. It seems like when I ask them a question my phone dings before I set it back down.
    I don't know why, but I always get excited for the hanger when I see thread of one that's getting their first Trail Lair. Congrats, you're gonna love it.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Jared just plain rocks when it comes to quality, price, speed of fulfilling orders and customer service. He's hard to beat.
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    V9 Strong Tarp
    Images
    Very proud of that thread count, thank you very much.

69.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    Congrats on the new hammock. Im sure it is a dandy. I have been seriously considering a new winter tarp and Trail Lair from Jared.

I wonder why SLD does not have their own vendor forum? Hammeck (defunct) and Trek Light Gear (only 69 threads?!) have their own forum but not one for one of the most esteemed vendors on the site? Lame.
    Last edited by TrekLightGear; 05-24-2018 at 15:39. Reason: Added excellent Gif
    --
    Seth Haber
    Trek Light Gear | Founder, CEO
    p: 720.446.2854
    w: treklightgear.com
    Feel Good. Do Good. Pass It On.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    Does the Trail Lair have any curved ends or cat cuts like the Streamliner? What are some it’s not so obvious features?

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekLightGear View Post
    Very proud of that thread count, thank you very much.
    hahah touche. I honestly meant no disrespect.

Just making a point that, in my opinion, SLD deserves a vendor forum here which I believe would generate a fair number of threads (which seems to be the justification for getting a forum).
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast