Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    ENO Double Nest

New ENO Ember 2 opinion from a new hanger

Hey All,

I bought the ENO One Link system to give hammock camping a try. I've mostly been a summer car camper at my local state park. The main reason for my camping has been the opportunity to string my Byer Traveler hammock up for a few days of relaxation! I'm a hammock lover from way back so imagine my delight when I realized you could get a comfortable hammock set up to sleep in as well as relax in! I decided to go with an entry level set up as budget is a major consideration. I purchased the Ember 2 under quilt as I'm doing this on a string budget and this seems to fit with the type if camping I currently do. I keep a Vivere double Brazilian hammock on a stand in the house to hang in during the winter months. I decided to try the Ember on it to get an idea of what it's like. I am pleasantly surprised! It was very easy to attach, and fits this hammock fairly well (which is good because the double nest is a similar size). It's made an incredible difference in comfort! I keep the house around 65 degrees, and the hammock is close to a set of windows so it can get a bit chilly hanging in it. I may just sleep here tonight! I can't wait to get outside with the rest of the set up!
    It's my understanding that this quilt is pretty much summer weight no matter the advertising. I don't think I'd want it to be the only thing between me and New England spring temps! If you are really serious about your hang I'd research other options. For me this seems to be a great option for the type of hanging I'll be doing!
    Enjoy!

Hammock
    DIY Argon 1.6 XL
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Insulation
    HG Incu-20, JrB TQ
    Suspension
    straps, amsteel
    Nothing wrong with ENO! They make great products and this setup sounds absolutely perfect. ENO is the gateway drug to hammock camping IMO. I have friends that started, and still use ENO. The Ember was a nice choice and you'll probably end up using it every time you go out, even in the summer Happy Camping!

Hammock
    ENO double Nest
    Tarp
    House Fly
    Insulation
    ember quilt
    Suspension
    Atlas XL
    I too am a new eno hanger. I stayed out 2 weeks ago for my first trip and the temp got down to 0 and I was toasty warm. Looking forward to another trip in a week or so.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Brought the Ember outside today for a test in my front yard. My bum is pretty toasty! It's about 46 degrees and sunny. Not bad!

Hammock
    Tribe, RBTR AH, GTUL
    Insulation
    AHE, Snugpak
    Suspension
    June Bugs, webbing
    I bought an ENO Ember 2 and have been using it every night since mid-February (indoor hang, thermostat set to 60F overnight). Previously, I had been using a PLUQ, but could never get it to work well. I considered buying an AHE New River UQ, but after shipping costs, it was $75 more than the Ember 2.

The Ember 2 was easy to hang and it fit my Grand Trunk Ultralight nicely (no more fussing with the underquilt during the night). A week ago, I 'retired' the GT UL hammock for an ENO DoubleNest and I haven't had any issues with the Ember 2 fitting the wider hammock. And I definitely like the wider width of the double - it's much more comfortable.

Hammock
    ENO Double deluxe
    Tarp
    UST Weather Tarp
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    I want an ember 2 because of the price and because i have an eno but can someone tell me how good the product is. I do not go on any major camping trips where the temperatutr ranges from -10 to 10 F. I need this for small overnight trips for temperatures like 25-60F.

Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPapi View Post
    I want an ember 2 because of the price and because i have an eno but can someone tell me how good the product is. I do not go on any major camping trips where the temperature ranges from -10 to 10 F. I need this for small overnight trips for temperatures like 25-60F.
    There are a few threads on this UQ. It can be difficult because people need varying levels of insulation at night depending on how they sleep but it appears to be a mid 40's quilt.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...r-2-underquilt
    Last edited by Tim_807; 05-05-2015 at 12:35. Reason: spelling

Hammock
    Home Made from Acer
    Tarp
    Kelty
    Insulation
    Body Fat
    Suspension
    Mule's Special
    Images
    ENO is a good starter hammock. but buyer beware, craftsmanship is lacking, quality is not to be found, and customer service is not there. (had ) an ENO single nest, and during a 5 day hike on the knobstone, it split at a seam, I called, filled out the paperwork, and returned it 9 months later after multiple phone calls, they could not find my hammock, or the paperwork i filled out on line. My second mistake was not keeping a copy of the paperwork. When asked what their plans were to replace or return my hammock the answer was simple...sorry, but i cant find the hammock, or your paperwork...so we cant help you.

Jerry
    The only Easy day was yesterday.

Hammock
    WBRR or Clark North American
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Reaper
    Suspension
    Cinch/Helios/Atlas
    ENO makes some great stuff. I base that on personal experience with Clark, Hennessy, Exped and some experience with small "cottage crafters". I think enough people read things and then offer a self supporting feedback loop with bashing certain products without using them. I have not had any issue with ENO (which means I have not had to use their customer service). The stores that I make purchases at have no hassle return policies so I'd be able to make a return in the event of poor craftmanship. This is in NO WAY a comment about the post above, he has obviously had a different experience.

Two of my favourite hammock items are the ENO Housefly and the Ember 2. I have slept comfortable down to 0F With a sleeping bag rated to 10F, a thermarest with rated with a value of R3 with a Exped Scout hammock all bundled inside a Eureka Chrysallis. I am a warm sleeper but that can only compensate for so much when it is that cold.

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I can't agree with underserved more and I own a Clark, Amok and Warbonnets XLC but still nap in my ENO jungle nest quite often and I've used their Ember 2 UL on all but the Amok and it does it's job nicely. When I can afford a fancy quilt I'll look into replacing it. However I do HATE ENO top quilt with the cheap snaps and velco monster!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast